SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wife said go to the DR so I came to the SF...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wife said go to the DR so I came to the SF... Login/Join 
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted
So I got a little sun burn on the top of my ear. Like a dumbass I picked at it and it's bleeding a lot, not like a lot a lot, but more than one would expect from such a small cut. I've been through about 3 paper towels and I finally got it to stop by cutting open a quick clot and pressing the granules on it. Total area is about 1/2 the size of a dime. I would super glue it closed but there is nothing to close, it's just a flat rip off of skin. I left the quick clot on it for 3 hours and then tried to take it off. Same result. Can I just leave that on all night? Then what next?

how do you close up like a road rash wound?

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5135 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Ears seem to bleed a lot don't they? I just flood it with Hydrogen Peroxide and squeeze it with my fingers holding with a piece of tissue. Then I browse/read something (like this forum) to take some time and slowly release pressure over 15-20 minutes until it slows down. It takes a bit.

Then I slather it with mupirocin ointment, let it air for an hour or two and figure out if it is bandage-able or not after that.

Posts: 7269 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Then I go and see a cancer doc.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12797 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Stop shaking your head and wear an E-Collar until it quits itching.
Or, bandage it over the top of your head.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15908 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Go see a doctor.

Posts: 107719 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
MEDIC!!!

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38000 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
I’m thinking if I had been bleeding for 3 hours, it’s about time for a trip to the emergency room.

Posts: 3242 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:

Wife said go to the DR so I came to the SF...

And the SF tells you to listen to wife. Should listen to your CUT, also. Lol.

Q

Posts: 26472 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:

Wife said go to the DR so I came to the SF...

And the SF tells you to listen to wife. Should listen to your CUT, also. Lol.

OP - There you have it. A recommendation from a SIGForum friend and a DOCTOR……

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
As much as we think we never need to go, sometimes we really should.

Posts: 3468 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Well, lets see, it's been about 10 hours since you posted that. If it's still bleeding, go to the Doc, if not, you should be good to go.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5050 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
OP - Are you on any type of blood thinner?

Posts: 1697 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Clean it well and apply Nu skin. It’s like a liquid scab.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7963 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
Ok so that was fun. I got enough quick clot on it and pressure to finally get it to stop bleeding. Essentially strapped a manpon to my head and fell asleep in my chair.
Woke up around 12 am, the bleeding had stopped.
left it alone all night now I am cleaning up the area and gonna glue it closed. Should be good to go from here. Thanks folks!

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5135 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you have been having regular skin checks by your dermatologist the chances of basal cell carcinoma are greatly reduced. Top of the ear is a common site.

Posts: 17272 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Glad it finally stopped!

Posts: 5075 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Get a hat. Seriously, like a boonie hat that you wear when outdoors for more than 10 minutes.

I'm bald and HAVE to wear a hat now because of that risk of skin cancer, you just have to make it a part of your routine.

Posts: 33867 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
If your ear is bleeding, cut it off.

Stop the blood supply, and that will stop your ear from bleeding.

Your head, however, will become a veritable fountain.

See a doc.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31482 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
If your ear is bleeding, cut it off.

Van Gogh, is that you?

Posts: 5749 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1991 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post