SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Where to buy new (used) CD - Lynn Anderson?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where to buy new (used) CD - Lynn Anderson? Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
I'm looking for this CD but want to buy from a 'big company' and not some fly by night biz. I only want to give my payment info to a known corporation

Amazon doesn't have it (just sold through some small entity). Where else can you buy new / used CD's like this? Our local used CD place went out of biz.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...A2HKLHCPSXO4BF&psc=1

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Possibly her website? Lynn Anderson Rose Garden dot com.

You could use the Contact button to inquire about that CD.

Posts: 11846 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
If it were me, I'd download the audio and burn my own CD.

Posts: 1059 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I found the album on iTunes. Can I download the songs to my windows pc and burn a cd?

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I found the album on iTunes. Can I download the songs to my windows pc and burn a cd?

When I upgraded to Win10 a few years back I had not since tried to burn a cd. Then a couple weeks ago I gave it a try by:
1)Insert blank CD
2)Select "With a CD/DVD player (in reference to how you are going to use it.
3)Select the source location of the files.
4)At the top is a "Share" tab. Click "Burn to disc"
5)The tracks should appear under a "Files Ready to Be Written to the Disc"
6)Now click the far right tab at the top "Drive Tools", and click "Finish Burning"
7)Choose a burn speed. I always use the slowest assuming I'll get the best burn. Who knows?
8)Select "Make an audio CD" unless you want the other.
9)Windows Media Player pops up. Upper right is "Star Burn".

There might be better ways but this worked for me.
ETA: I've never used itunes so I'm unsure of the format and it's use.

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Actually, I might not need to buy it. I’ll try tomorrow but it sounds like I can down load the album on my pc from prime using my membership. Then just burn it to CD.

Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
You can buy it through Amazon. Sold by a smaller company, but you’re paying Amazon. Amazon is simply facilitating the sale for a fee, but I don’t think they forward your payment info. I think you pay Amazon and Amazon pays the seller, minus Amazon’s fee.

Also, on what device are you going to play the CD? Most things these days have USB, Aux, or Bluetooth inputs, in which case you can simply download it and play through one of those means.

Posts: 3436 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Are you really concerned about spending $10 for a used CD being sold via Amazon?

Even if, big if, it just doesn't come, getting a refund from Amazon directly is trivial in the few cases I needed one over many years now.

Further, or just use some sandboxed card for online purchases if you're really concerned.

Whatever concerns you have are easily dealt with, no?

I mean, whatever, just a passing comment. Just a bit odd I guess. The incident rate for fraud is wayyyy low.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I don't care about the $10. I care that my personal and financial information gets passed to some fly by night entity. I don't know how they will protect or use the information.

It's good that you don't care. I don't need the CD enough that I'm willing to expose my info outside of Amazon.

Amazon policy: In addition, we want you to be aware that Amazon.com will provide <third party vendor> with information related to your transactions involving their products (including, for example, your name, address, products you purchase, and transaction amount), and that such information will be subject to <third party vendor> Privacy Policy.

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
You can buy it through Amazon. Sold by a smaller company, but you’re paying Amazon. Amazon is simply facilitating the sale for a fee, but I don’t think they forward your payment info. I think you pay Amazon and Amazon pays the seller, minus Amazon’s fee.

Also, on what device are you going to play the CD? Most things these days have USB, Aux, or Bluetooth inputs, in which case you can simply download it and play through one of those means.

It's not really clear what information is being passed through to the third party. Don't know why they can't be more explicit. And I'm not even sure why any info needs to be passed to the third party other than the payment from Amazon.

I'm playing through CD player in home and in car. My cars are old and cheap - they don't have the USB, Aux or BT inputs. Well, actually my wife's car does but I never drive that car. Smile

I got the CD download through the Prime Music app on Windows (didn't even know there was a desktop app). Got the CD burned so I'm all good now. The Music app on Windows allowed for MP3 download whereas the Amazon CD for sale page didn't. I'll use the Music app more now for this.