SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another Kubota mower/tractor posting
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Kubota mower/tractor posting Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted
I know lots of Sig Forum members post about their Kubotas, so here is my entry.

I took my 8 yr old BX2360 mower to a local dealer to have a hydraulic leak repaired , and found this larger B2320 there, with only 140 hrs, a 2014 model. My BX2360 had 1200 hrs, so I worked a trade on the B2320.

My understanding was an RV dealer used it at his lot, perhaps for towing, and kept it garaged.

The dealer allowed me a good trade, even considering the work that needed to be done, and fully serviced the B2320. I brought it home yesterday, it is almost like new, the bucket is not scratched and there was no grass stain on the mower deck. Only two things I am going to have to adjust to, the harder to push forward pedal and the much bumpier ride due to the ballast in the lug tires.My BX2360 had turf tires.

The photo shows a BX2360 behind my Kubota (not mine-mine was in better condition) for size comparison.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Nice ride!

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16312 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Very nice and I'm very jealous!

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4576 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
I would love one of those, but all the ones I've found cost as much as my car.

Posts: 6400 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:
I would love one of those, but all the ones I've found cost as much as my car.

$20-$25K will get you into a Kubota that will do pretty much anything you want.

Kubota also has 0% financing.

Hell, you can't afford not to buy one. Wink

Posts: 20565 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Nice!

I'm still lovin' mine.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15491 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got it's bigger brother, a 4610 which is 46 h.p. with a cab and heat and air. It is a 2001 model which I bought in 2003 with 100 hours and have never done a thing to it other than routine maintenance. Kubota makes good stuff!

Posts: 1504 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I use my B2920 tractor at least once a week for all sorts of hauling on my 5 acres. I use my ZG222 once a week to mow as well.

Nothing beats Kubota quality.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4275 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Once you own a small tractor, especially with a bucket....You can't imagine how the hell you ever survived without it.

Just bought a new Kommander Zero Turn, 48" mower. Cuts my 3 acres not only FASTER, but doesn't scalp the way my old garden tractor did, in certain spots.

0% financing too.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
I doubt I'll ever leave Scag for ZTRs, but a Kubota utility vehicle is on my "next to buy" list and I'm definitely looking hard when it comes time to re-think our tractor stable with a mid-sized 4WD.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16312 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Nice, that is a great thing about the SF. Those that can't buy one. Still get to share in the joy of those that do buy. Smile Congrats. A great upgrade.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19709 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Jealousy is a sin, so I guess I'm a sinner. Smile

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
The B2320 was $12,900, and the dealer allowed me $6,600 for my unrepaired BX2360, the shop manager gave me an estimate of $1,200 for my repair, on the BX series the whole rear section has to be dissassembled for seal/repairs. I just couldn't see doing that after I found the larger Kubota. I was very lucky happening upon this like new one, they don't stay at dealers long.
Some one will get a nice mower after my old one is repaired, the mechanic told me it was in the best condition he had ever seen that model,considering the age.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sunset_Va,

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
Congrats. That is a great deal for a solid tractor.

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 673 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
Nice! My BX2360 is at the dealer right now for 200 hour service.

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3818 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888A=A

I have L-3400 which is a delight. If you add fingers to the front-end loader, it will extend the work that can be done.

Posts: 1081 | Location: Tidewater Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hit the button Max
Picture of Twosigs
posted Hide Post
Very interesting thread. Wife and I are in the process of purchasing a 5 acres property. The owner is selling me his Kubota L4310 (520 hrs) with a finish mower and box blade. Never been on a tractor before. But, we are excited.

“Sometimes paranoia's just having all the facts.” -
William S. Burroughs

Posts: 881 | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Twosigs:
Very interesting thread. Wife and I are in the process of purchasing a 5 acres property. The owner is selling me his Kubota L4310 (520 hrs) with a finish mower and box blade. Never been on a tractor before. But, we are excited.

When you get to the L Series Kubotas, you have much more ground clearance and ability to handle implements with the 3-pt hitch.

I had thought that the L Series would be a good size for me before I traded the other day, but after getting the B series, realized its the right size for me getting in and around places to mow, and is bigger than my previous BX series, so I can handle small implements better .

And I like a mid mount mower deck better than a finish pull deck.

美しい犬

Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I've owned a tractor since I was 30. Your life is just sooo much easier with one.

Congrats on the Kubota.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5134 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Sunset, congrats on the tractor. We looked really hard at that size before going a little bigger.

BurtonRW, not sure what you consider mid-sized but we bought a MX-5200 in 2014 that has been fantastic. When I bought the tractor I sized it based on what I needed to carry a large round bale of hay on the front loader. This was before I discovered the best way to make a small fortune in hay is to start out with a large fortune then buy haying equipment.

When we pulled up to the dealer to get it my wife asked if that was our tractor and I replied: I hope not... but, I got used to it quickly. I don't get to spend enough time on it but it is always ready to put in a hard day's work when needed.

Mark

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post