SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hotels near Atlanta airport?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hotels near Atlanta airport? Login/Join 
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted
Traveling to upstate NY the end of the month for my dads 90th birthday. I have an early flight out on a Thursday morning so I'll stay near the airport rather than make the 2 hour drive and fight morning traffic. With a budget of under $100 I'm thinking of staying at the Country Inn & Suites by Carlson on State Rd 314(West Fayetteville Rd College Park). How is the area and should I feel safe leaving my pistol in a safe inside my truck for a week? This place suites my needs(airport shuttle, breakfast and free parking). Thank you for your comments.

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3818 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
College Park is NOT a great area. I wouldn't leave my pistol in my vehicle there.

Budget aside, there are a couple of Mariott lower level hotels over at the World Convention Center off the airport. Tram from there right to the airport if you can swing them.

Good Luck,

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20388 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
none of the area immediately surrounding the airport is really "good neighborhood" so that hotel is probably as "safe" as any.

I use Spot park n rides when I fly and leave my gun in my truck and have never had a problem, but they are 24 hr secure. Call and ask the hotel what it's security measures are for cars.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10571 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway

Living the Dream

Posts: 4033 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Yep, that entire area is pretty bad. Even the better thought of hotels in that area (and there are very few) are targets for theft.

Posts: 6039 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post