SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sometimes life gets tough. But stick it out because...(Quick update range report on the new P226 Legion, page 2)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sometimes life gets tough. But stick it out because...(Quick update range report on the new P226 Legion, page 2) Login/Join 
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted
A while back I had sold all my guns, including my P226. It was a regular Nitron finish. I posted on here how I felt wrong being a member because I no longer owned guns. I went through a divorce, had zero extra cash and was having a difficult time.

Well I stuck it out and pushed forward. I paid off all credit cards about a month ago. This week my first bonus check is coming that has extra for me. I have been doing better and did pick up a P250 to start back into guns. Then I got a Shield because it was cheap. Didn't like it. Got a P938 Scorpion for carry and love it. But I always missed my P226. So mad I had sold it.

So today in celebration of no debt and a good bonus I picked up this baby. P226 Legion. I almost got the Elite Stainless Alloy. It was a bit less money and really sharp looking. But this one called to me for some reason. Maybe I'm just not a shiny silver guy. Can't wait to get to the range! I'm Back!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: frayedends,

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12440 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Very Nice!

Posts: 17895 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Congratulations and welcome back to the Signess!

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Looking forward to the range report.

Posts: 7561 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
Congratulations and a great choice

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24128 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Congrats and welcome back!

Posts: 3726 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Congrats on getting back!!

Nice gun there!

Not that I need another one, but I may look into one. Have no bought one in quite a while, so it's about time. Almost went for one the other day, but talked myself out of it, for some reason.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I went back and forth from the Elite to the Legion for like 40 minutes. The legion was $175 more than the Elite they had. But the Elite only had 1 mag (something to do with Sig not having 10 round mags in stock for them). Anyhow the Legion had 3 mags. And it has a bunch of cool features I'll never notice. But they are gonna send me a free case. Oh and I'm like super exclusive now and can buy other things that are "Legion". And maybe someone is even gonna call me to thank me for buying it. Oh boy, it's like a secret society. Haha Big Grin

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12440 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I'll just take encouragement from your post. I've gone through some similar feelings about being part of Sig Forum when my last 2 got sold for survival funds. A P226 is just part of being properly armed and a darn hard piece to part with. Another model Sig caused me some serious heart ache, even today and I said I would never come here again. Not quite as serious as a devorce but, well, it was bad. Never the less, this place and the people have been good to me. Enjoy your new Legion and shoot it well. I too will be back to share my pistols as time and work allow.

Posts: 17903 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on getting out of debt. The P226 Legion is a fine gun-you made a good choice. Welcome to the Legion club. If you figure out what we do, let me know!

Posts: 3437 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
I'll just take encouragement from your post. I've gone through some similar feelings about being part of Sig Forum when my last 2 got sold for survival funds. A P226 is just part of being properly armed and a darn hard piece to part with. Another model Sig caused me some serious heart ache, even today and I said I would never come here again. Not quite as serious as a devorce but, well, it was bad. Never the less, this place and the people have been good to me. Enjoy your new Legion and shoot it well. I too will be back to share my pistols as time and work allow.

One thing I learned during the time I had no guns was that the folks here didn't care. This is a one in a million forum. I've never met people like this in a virtual space before. It's awesome so never leave.

These go to eleven.

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Posts: 26914 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
Congratulations on getting out of debt. The P226 Legion is a fine gun-you made a good choice. Welcome to the Legion club. If you figure out what we do, let me know!

Haha, I will. I'm excepting some secret call with details of the secret meetings or something. Big Grin

These go to eleven.

posted Hide Post
two years ago they said they were planning on a 225 a-1 in the legion series,

what ever happened to that? I wonder

thats one sweet piece you got there

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54655 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
PERSEVERANCE!

Congratulations sir.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
Good for you. Nice pistol.

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:

Haha, I will. I'm excepting some secret call with details of the secret meetings or something. Big Grin

First you need to learn the secret handshake.

You will love your new SIG, one of my favorite guns I own.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20828 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the comeback! I did the same thing 20 years ago. I sold my Colt SP-1 and my HK P7M10 along with my three consecutively serial numbered Walther PPKs. I hope I don't have to sell any guns again due to financial need.

Posts: 3231 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! You made a fine choice.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post