SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    ceramic meatloaf dish with drip tray?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ceramic meatloaf dish with drip tray? Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
Any idea's?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19196 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired old fat motor cop
posted Hide Post
I make mine in a metal pan, it does not drip.....just tastes fantastic

" Life is full of choices', Choices have consequences."

Posts: 698 | Location: New England | Registered: October 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
My son makes a dense white bread the day before, cuts into 3/8 - 1/2 inch thick slices, and lays the slices under the loaf prior to baking. The bread soaks up the grease

He's also found sourdough breads work best as the bread incorporates a flavor and adds to the gravy.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Well heck, I didn't know there was such a thing. When I do them on my smoker, I always cinched down w/ some foil like a blanket and poured out the fat towards the end of the cook.
That's the best thing since sliced meatloaf.

Posts: 7361 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I smoke mine right on the grates and catch drippings in a pan

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23285 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=U...f=pd_sl_3kv0mjdhnh_b

Not ceramic, but coated metal with removable drip tray. We have been using one of these for years and have been happy with it. Available from numerous sources for less. Time for meatloaf, thanks for the reminder!

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walkinghorse:

Not ceramic, but coated metal with removable drip tray. We have been using one of these for years and have been happy with it. Available from numerous sources for less. Time for meatloaf, thanks for the reminder!

Yep, we have the model listed at the top, works great. No grease bath, very uniform results. Haven't used it in a while, and I agree, it's about time and I thank you for the reminder. Wink

Posts: 17166 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walkinghorse:

I have used this one, and it works pretty well.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1892 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post