SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    There’s a fungus among us
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

There’s a fungus among us Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCFD4:
How dare I have a thought different from yours? Don't know how I'll sleep tonight seeing as you don't think something is interesting when I do

You have your opinion. I expressed mine. And that's what you came back with? Lol.

Q

Posts: 26403 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
This was the first thought that popped in my head.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by DCFD4:
How dare I have a thought different from yours? Don't know how I'll sleep tonight seeing as you don't think something is interesting when I do

You have your opinion. I expressed mine. And that's what you came back with? Lol.

I'm not sure what you're looking for from me. Are you on some sort of Sigforum goon squad that that goes around bashing the little guys with less then 24k posts because their thoughts are different from yours? You remind me of the open arms democrats who welcome all only if their thought process aligns. Do you realize you've gotten your under roos twisted because I asked why you thought the OP's intent of posting the article might be different than yours and that I thought it was interesting when you didn't?

I joined this forum years ago because of my love for Swiss rifles and there are several very knowledgeable guys who I enjoy hearing what they have to say. Sometimes I even feel I have something to add. However, in a lot of other threads it's painful to watch as someone posts their interests, goings ons, investments, purchases, thoughts, etc just to have a number of people shit on them and their ideas. It's like they're in a room full of female vultures.

Posts: 436 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, let's please take it easy. 12131, ease off a bit, please.

DCFD4, if you ever experience the type of thing you're describing or you see it happening to another member, just let me know via the report-this-post function. You've already received a full ration of shit from me in the recent past and I don't want you feeling unwelcome here.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
"Even nice people get VD". That was a public service announcement on tv back 50 years ago. They've been scaring us as long as I can remember. There was the herpes scare followed by the HIV scare. A couple of flu scares in the 1960's. Some fun movies, too, like "Night of the Living Dead", and "Invasion of the Body Snatchers".

Posts: 9452 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Invasion of the Body Snatchers".

Movie was on TV a few nights ago. IMO, a good flick during the "red scare" days of the early '50's.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
Um yeah, antibiotics don't work on fungus. I had histoplasmosis in one of my lungs in 2009. They prescribed Sporinox which is an anti-fungal. Actually the generic version and even that is stupid expensive.

You must live in the Ohio River Basin. Back in 1961 my Dad, who was raised in Cincinnatti had the lower lobe of his left lung removed because of Histoplasmosis. Be glad they have medications now, because there was a time when you lost parts or all of a lung to that fungus.

As for the current fungus "disaster" I have to agree With Parabellum's assessment. Another big hoodoo over what should be nothing.

One thing I noticed is that these are mainly facility caused infections and not one single word about measures to insure that health care facilities are actually properly cleaned. BTW, we had one local hospital that was ordered by the health department to have every stitch of carpeting removed by a certain date or the hospital would be locked down withthe doors chained. Here's a tip for you, if you ever see carpeting in a doctors office, urgent care, or hospital it is a 100% sure bet that carpet is teaming with just any nasty on the planet.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Fungal spores are exceedingly hardy; they can survive extreme fluctuations in temperature, humidity, are resistant to all kinds of extreme conditions including UV radiation, acids and even chemical agents. It can be found in the air in 100% of where people live.

And yet we are not all dead somehow. Mold is arguably one of the oldest life forms on the planet- older than almost all life forms on earth. But humans, in our relative infancy still not only exist but thrive.

The above article is obvious fear monger reporting.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15581 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Speaking of histoplasmosis ... the first few years of my chimney sweeping career we spent scaring people that had chimney swifts nesting in their chimneys... One sweep here in S.C. would not even touch the chimney until after he had treated it with flormadihyde... after a while I realized... I grew up on a farm playing in the loft of a barn that pigeons lived in... now I'm messing in chimneys with bird poop in them.... if it hasn't killed me by now I suspect it isn't. Now it's 40 years of chimney work and I have enough other health things... heart and back and they keep telling me my lungs are fine.... go figure.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
The WHO and the CDC have rolled out their latest emergency de jure this week: “drug-resistant” fungus. There are lots of hysterical stories making the round, but I chose this next example of corporate media’s pile-on, because it — predictably — blames the fungi’s recent success on “climate change.”

Chief Nerd @TheChiefNerd
NEW – CDC Warns of Rise in Deadly Drug-Resistant Fungal Infections Which 'Experts' Say Is Due to 'Global Warming'

"From just 4 states in 2016 to more than half of the United States in 2022...this is one of those things that seems to be spreading because of 'global warming'"

But the real answer is right in the same clip. The anchor said not everyone is susceptible to the fungal infection:

While scientists do NOT believe the fungus is a threat to people who are otherwise healthy, it can be dangerous and potentially deadly to people who are ‘medically fragile.’

Medically fragile? Like what? The expert interviewed for the clip explained:

Particularly in a long-term care facilities, if someone’s on a ventilator, or they have long-term IV lines in them, that’s how it can get in the body. Their immune systems aren’t that strong.

Oh … so it’s ANOTHER opportunistic infection of the IMMUNOCOMPROMISED. Like the eyedrop bacteria! But the doctor pinned the blame on “global warming,” since, like everybody, fungus enjoys a warmer climate. (He forgot that it’s called “climate change” now.)

Not only is the risk posed just to immunocompromised people, but the numbers are still small. There were 2,700 deaths from the fungus in the U.S. last year, about double the previous year’s total. Just add the extra 1,300 folks onto the excess deaths stack along with all the other ones.

https://www.coffeeandcovid.com...ack&utm_medium=email

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
It can be found in the air in 100% of where people live.

It's how sourdough bread is made. Airborne yeast...and ultimately lactobacilli, but the yeast is what starts the starter.

Posts: 20108 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Original 1958

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
Smile

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8959 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
I’m sure they have a vaccine waiting in the wings. Big Grin

“ Norris said that the ultimate goal would be to develop a single vaccine that protects against all fungal infections. “

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna68791

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:

“ Norris said that the ultimate goal would be to develop a single vaccine that protects against all fungal infections. “

Along with a hefty dose of restricted freedoms; their biggest problem is that the world is sick of the authoritarian vibe globally. If people don’t verifiably start dropping like the proverbial flies, many won’t cooperate with the the same shit that went on during Covid.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15581 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:

Along with a hefty dose of restricted freedoms; their biggest problem is that the world is sick of the authoritarian vibe globally. If people don’t verifiably start dropping like the proverbial flies, many won’t cooperate with the the same shit that went on during Covid.

This is true but these fucks will still make their money scaring the shit out of the elderly and hypochondriacs out there.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post