SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A St. Patrick’s Day Acknowledgement
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A St. Patrick’s Day Acknowledgement Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
I can’t let the only recognition of the day be a bad joke on the meme page. My mother’s family were from County Clare (maternal) and Roscommon (paternal). Additionally, my dad’s paternal grandmother was from County Wicklow, putting me somewhere over half Irish.

I never heard my mother, her sisters, or her brothers, speak ill of the Brits. They were part of the Greatest Generation, the Brits were allies, and the family a couple generations removed from fleeing the potato blight (there was no famine). Just a few years a ago my brother and I were in Ireland with our wives. Got a slightly different perspective.

Sinéad O’Connor was a deeply troubled woman, but my God she could sing! I’ll bet most of you have never heard this one.

Posts: 13264 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post