SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How are people washing the tops of these vans?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How are people washing the tops of these vans? Login/Join 
posted

I checked three car wash's,
these trucks are too tall .

the self wash's are tall enough but the wand's
are no where near long enough.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54751 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Truck washes, like those at truck stops for 18 wheelers.

RV washes, which some RV dealers and RV campgrounds have.

And/or ladders or stepstools plus an extended brush.

I have a folding metal platform, like what's shown below, that I use to hand wash and wax the tops of my vehicles. (But they're not as tall as that van.)

Posts: 32591 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I use a small stepladder to do the top of our Flex, which is a fair bit shorter.

I'd think stepladder + cleaning apparatus on an extendo pole for these extra high vans.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15446 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Why would one worry about washing the 'top' of these vans? No one will ever see that area (unless they're flying overhead Smile). If it was a priority, I think I'd climb a 6' ladder, spray it down with my foam cannon, let it dwell for a bit, then spray it off with my pressure washer and call it a day.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
People wash vans?

Posts: 3400 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Why would one worry about washing the 'top' of these vans? No one will ever see that area

Well, ya warsh yer butt crack and nobodys gonna see it, Right? Big Grin

Posts: 23642 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Well duh, it’s a modern world, use a drone!

Of course you’ll need the optional wishy washy attachment that attaches to the bottom of the drone.

And with the rotor downdraft it dries quickly.

Posts: 11876 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Why would one worry about washing the 'top' of these vans? No one will ever see that area

Well, ya warsh yer butt crack...Big Grin
You're assuming again. Razz

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Ladder.

I have to use something similar to what Rogue posted above to wash the top of my truck.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12682 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Most people who have work vans also have ladders.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20882 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brushes on extension poles. Like these Shurhold products, they extend in 1' increments. They have poles that extend from 5-9' and a longer one that that is around 6'-12' or something like that. Shurhold has many attachments for it's poles (wash mitts, brushes, chamois mops, etc. etc.) and the preferred brand in the marine industry. This with one of the ladders shown by others.

https://shurhold.com/collectio...ducts/new-boater-kit

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I use a five gallon bucket flipped over for my truck washing adventures...but I’m 6’1” and I use a brush on a mop handle to was my cars...so the bucket adds 2’ or so...

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11319 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

We’re suppose to warsh our butt cracks? Big Grin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4847 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Yeah, butt most people don't need to ask for instructions how to do it on the internet.

Posts: 2494 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Small step stool.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Soap, water, step ladder, brush on an extendable pole. Link for bendable: Extendable pole.

Posts: 11070 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
Just buy a new van when it gets dirty.

Posts: 7402 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Contract it out. People will do a lot of things for money. Independent truckers can usually provide leads for you. They usually use a truck stop that has a platform with a wand.

Posts: 17302 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post