SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I know several members have lost family or are going through tough times this season.....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I know several members have lost family or are going through tough times this season..... Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
I just wanted to offer my prayers and sadness. My daughter always prays before bed.....because let’s be honest God is probably sick of my shit.... and I make sure she always prays for you all. I pray too.....but hell...hand basket and all.

All I am saying is I give a shit. I am a random asshole in the universe but I do genuinely care and say a prayer and bow my head with respect and prayers and good thoughts even if I don’t post to each thread.

All I can offer is my prayers, respect and the wisdom given to me by my Mom. “This too, shall pass”

So for those who can’t have a Merry Christmas, I hope and pray some small bit of joy or relief will find its way into you and your family’s hearts.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amen

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
Thank you, cslinger. This touched me and I appreciate your kindness. My Mom would have really appreciated it as well.

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Well said, and thank you. This is an amazing little home we have here.

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
What a thoughtful post, good on you CSlinger.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Thank you. It sounded from your earlier thread like you had your own challenges this Christmas season. I hope you have found a way to work with that.

Know also that the prayers are returned.

God bless.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12780 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Well said. Thank you.

Posts: 4501 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
yep. Message received. Thank you.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
cslinger.

"...For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."

When the time comes, you can leave the hand basket outside the Pearly Gates.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I looked at this very empathetic post this morning and just wasn’t sure I was ready to respond to it. The truth is, MY life is good, but there are others around me not so fortunate.

I found out that a really nice woman I worked with lost her battle with breast cancer last night. She seemed to remain in such good spirits throughout the ordeal. She had been retired from work about 20 minutes when she died.

Two others that I care for are also battling cancer. The cousin that I was closest to growing up has lung cancer that has metastasized. A neighbor that we see socially is battling bladder cancer.

Anyway, cslinger’s Post was very timely. I’m not good about praying, but I try to speak to God as best I can. Thank you for your post. Offering my condolences and best wishes to those who have lost loved ones, are sick themselves, or have loved ones who are ill.

Posts: 13264 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
This is a good thread...said Bisley looking at a blurry iPad screen.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
Well said. Thank you.

^^^^^^^^^
Yes indeed. Very well said. My thoughts and prayers to all our members who are facing challenges right now.

Posts: 12468 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your kindness, cslinger. You offer it humbly, but it's not a small thing. At all.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Well said sir!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4837 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
cslinger I understand all that. I include my SF family in my prayers every night. Hasn't been that long since I lost my mama she would be 99 on Jan. 2,2018
It's never easy and this time of they year makes it worse. I passed two different funeral homes last night and tonight and both had people there. Never a good time but holidays are always bad.

Posts: 13021 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I too would like to express my gratitude to cslinger for the post. I am also guilty for not responding to many posts but try to pray when I see them. I don't spend as much time on the forum as many do and it's the same on social media (which is how I keep up with my rather large extended family.) We were recently blessed with the sale of our old house (built in 1917) after a year on the market and it was becoming quite a financial burden. We also are hoping a current pregnancy turns out positively after losing two previous attempts but the wife has been bed ridden since Thanksgiving with 24/7 morning sickness. Between that and multiple trips to the hospital and Doctor and visiting my mother in the nursing home it's been a bit rough but also a blessing that we have hope for another child, another Christmas with my mother, such as she is, and a financial burden lifted. Thanks CSlinger for caring. Thanks Sigforum for being a like minded place of refuge. As I typed this the words "safe space" went through my mind like poop through a goose and I had to chuckle.

Posts: 6014 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much for the kindness of this forum. My family lost my 98 year old Mom on Mother's Day and we thought we were healing pretty well until the holidays came. We made it through ok, but these thoughts are appreciated.

Posts: 1089 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Thanks cslinger! It's much appreciated. Smile

I was talking to my wife over the past weekend and I told her that if church was like SIGforum I'd still be going.

Posts: 45375 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
December has not been good to my family. My brother-in-law died after battling leukemia for over a year and was buried the Thursday before Christmas. My mother died Tuesday morning of natural causes and I am in the midst of orchestrating the details for her funeral. Nothing but sad faces all around.

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Thank you. It's been a year.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12335 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post