SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Seattle School District Urges Teachers to Bless Muslim Students During Ramadan
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seattle School District Urges Teachers to Bless Muslim Students During Ramadan Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
Too disgusted to even comment on this Frown

Dieringer School District in Seattle, Washington, is calling on its teachers to follow CAIR-issued guidelines regarding adherence to Islam. The school district is urging its teachers to bless Muslim students by reciting Arabic to them during Ramadan.

The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) issued an “Informative Letter on Upcoming Islamic Holidays and Religious Accommodations,” pressing school district officials to have their teachers recite “Ramadan Mubarak!” or “Ramadan Kareem” when welcoming Muslim students during Ramadan, according to the religious liberty advocacy group Freedom of Conscience Defense Fund (FCDF).

The letter also instructs teachers to monitor Muslim students’ Ramadan fasting, as well as to refrain from scheduling tests during the Islamic holidays Eid Al-Fitr and Eid, adds FCDF.

One school district has reportedly reacted to the letter by urging its teachers to follow the CAIR-issued guidelines. FCDF says that Dieringer School District superintendent Judy Martinson enacted the CAIR letter as official District policy by distributing the guidelines to principals, who then distributed it to all teachers and staff.

“By urging teachers to bless Muslim students in Arabic, the District is running roughshod over the First Amendment’s mandate of government neutrality toward religion,” said FCDF executive director Daniel Piedra.

“A school district would never order teachers to ‘welcome’ Catholic students during Easter with ‘He is risen, alleluia!'” added Piedra, “Singling out Muslim students for special treatment is blatantly unconstitutional.”

FCDF sent a legal memo to Martinson on Monday, warning the superintendent that the school district is likely violating the United States Constitution by favoring Muslim students, and that the advocacy group may take legal action if the district does not “rescind the Ramadan Policy within a reasonable time.”

“To be clear, nothing in the Constitution prohibits public schools from accommodating students’ religious exercise to the extent it would not interfere with educational interests,” states the memo, “‘But the religious liberty protected by the Constitution is abridged when the State affirmatively sponsors’ religious practice.”

“Here, by issuing the CAIR Letter to District employees, you acted under color of state law to create an official policy that has a primary effect of advancing religion,” adds the advocacy group, “The Ramadan Policy, in both adoption and implementation, plainly imposes liability on the District under the United States and Washington Constitutions.”

The letter also warns Martinson about CAIR’s anti-Semitic advocacy, as well as its ties to Islamist supremacists.

“CAIR is notorious in public policy and national security circles for its ties to Islamic supremacism, including its founding by the Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas,” affirms the legal memo.

“These facts are not anti-Muslim conspiracy theories,” adds the letter, “Federal prosecutors have acknowledged that Muslim Brotherhood leaders founded CAIR and that it has conspired with Muslim Brotherhood affiliates to support terrorists.”

“CAIR is also noted for its anti-Semitic activism,” continued FCDF, citing a the Anti-Defamation League (ADL), which had published a “Profile” two years ago regarding CAIR and its chapters partnering “with various anti-Israel groups that seek to isolate and demonize the Jewish State.”

FCDF says that the CAIR-issued Ramadan guidelines are “yet another attempt by CAIR to infiltrate uninformed school districts so it can advance its subversive agenda.”

“CAIR must not be allowed to indoctrinate impressionable schoolchildren under the guise of ‘diversity’ and ‘cultural awareness,'” states the advocacy group, “FCDF is committed to keeping CAIR out of our America’s public schools.”

https://www.breitbart.com/tech...ents-during-ramadan/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On Good Friday, did these same teachers greet Christian students with “He is Risen”?

Posts: 1073 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dieringer School District in Seattle

I'm not saying this isn't fucked up but it isn't in Seattle; it's not even in King County. Pierce County is Tacoma turf.

Dieringer School District—An Overview

Established in 1890, Dieringer School District consolidated with Lake Tapps School District in 1936. The District's three schools, Lake Tapps Elementary School, Dieringer Heights Elementary School and North Tapps Middle School, provide Pre-School through 8th grade education, and serve as hubs for community activities. The majority of Dieringer School District #343 is located in unincorporated Pierce County, bounded on the east by the White River, on the west by the Stuck River, on the north by the city of Auburn, and on the south by the cities of Bonney Lake and Sumner. The District surrounds the northern two-thirds of Lake Tapps and covers approximately 5.5 square miles.

Posts: 6403 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
They're just sucking up to the muslims in the hopes that they won't be decapitated when the muslins take over the country. Big Grin (just partly tongue-in-cheek)

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
makes me want to puke

------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SW_Sig:
On Good Friday, did these same teachers greet Christian students with “He is Risen”?

That's my only complaint with it, that it's surely a double standard.

I don't care about saying that to a Muslim kid if they want, but you can be sure that those teachers were not guided to say similar to their Christian students two weeks ago or the Jewish students last week.

I will say that our Muslim students asked their teachers the other day to say "Ramadan mubarak" to them in the halls, but, again, that was the kids themselves who wished to have it said. I'm fine with that: their faith, their request.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Jacket:
They're just sucking up to the muslims in the hopes that they won't be decapitated when the muslins take over the country. Big Grin (just partly tongue-in-cheek)

Winston Churchill: “An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.” Frown

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2706 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
I'd bless them with a piece of bacon

Posts: 10824 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prefer that a public school district is kept clear from any religious upbringing of my children.

Posts: 971 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Those asshats are simply out of their minds..

Posts: 13818 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Jacket:

The Muslim kids in Philly get to sing about chopping off your head.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:

I’m guessing that would be a NO. It should be even across the spectrum. I have no issues with learning about any faith. Participation, however, should stay at home.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17293 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
quote:

That's my only complaint with it, that it's surely a double standard.

I don't care about saying that to a Muslim kid if they want, but you can be sure that those teachers were not guided to say similar to their Christian students two weeks ago or the Jewish students last week.

I will say that our Muslim students asked their teachers the other day to say "Ramadan mubarak" to them in the halls, but, again, that was the kids themselves who wished to have it said. I'm fine with that: their faith, their request.
The hell with all that! How about the damn schools focus on teaching so their kids can read, write, and do math at or above grade level. If the school system tried to accommodate everyone's religion to everyone's satisfaction, the schools wouldn't have the time to teach their students anything of value. Wanna celebrate camel jockey day? Do it on your own time at home.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Just another reason. Am glad I moved from there.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4029 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Here’s a letter from the district:

“May 7, 2019

Good Afternoon:

Fox News has released a news story regarding the Dieringer School District that is totally false. The Dieringer School District has not and would not violate the First Amendment by endorsing any religious observations. Be assured that we respect the personal beliefs of you and your family.

We are very disappointed that a national television network would broadcast a story based on no facts or information.

Regards,

Judy Martinson, Supt.”
https://dieringer.ss16.sharpsc..._new/first_amendment

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Separation of Church and State.

Good for the goose, is good for the gander.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:

“May 7, 2019

Good Afternoon:

Fox News has released a news story regarding the Dieringer School District that is totally false. The Dieringer School District has not and would not violate the First Amendment by endorsing any religious observations. Be assured that we respect the personal beliefs of you and your family.

We are very disappointed that a national television network would broadcast a story based on no facts or information.

Regards,

Judy Martinson, Supt.”

This pegged my BS meter

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
I live right up the road from there, and work for a school district that is worse than that!
From what we’ve heard, the superintendant sent out guidelines telling employees what they were being asked to do by this hamas frontgroup.
She apparently didn’t tell them not to comply, which is the same as saying you need to do this.
These schools around here are a liberal mess and getting worse by the day.
Off to hell with all of these ass kissing anti-American fools.

Posts: 1696 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
not in this country

they're the epitome of evil

they don't belong here, none of them

ever

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53215 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:

“May 7, 2019

Good Afternoon:

Regards,

Judy Martinson, Supt.”
I know its a lost art for a huge majority of this country, but critically examine the super's comments for specific content.

Did the Super....

1 - Refute the FCDF claim that she (Martinson) had "enacted the CAIR letter as official policy by distributing the guidelines to principals?
2 - Refute that the CAIR letter, once distributed by her office to principals, was "...further distributed to teachers and staff"?

Sooooo, if the super (Martinson) had no intention of adhering to CAIR's demands and requirements, why was the CAIR letter distributed at all?

Simple extrapolation....the super is a liar. Once this story aired in the media and the temper and ire of a large majority of the country came to bear on this nitwit and her willingness to bend to CAIR (i.e. enemies of this country), her knees began to shake and she started looking for a way out. Sorry sweetie, but you're a moron, who shouldn't be anywhere near a school or children.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post