SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jury acquits New York man who offered $500 bounty to 'anyone who kills' an ICE agent
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Jury acquits New York man who offered $500 bounty to 'anyone who kills' an ICE agent Login/Join 
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Boss,

I'm not telling you how to do your job, but have you removed their ability to edit their own posts? This thread should be preserved as accurately as possible. It should serve as a warning to others that would follow.

H&K-Guy

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Already done

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
You're a class act, Para.

H&K-Guy

posted Hide Post
Having just read through the whole thread, there’s not much for me to add, oh but I will.

This truly is a epic thread! From so many different angles, but I’m just going to comment on the sophomoric ones (kinda like a 14 year old)

From Para’s first comment about a fire extinguisher. To the pictures of the dumpster fires, which I find so hilarious and ironic because the very first picture is of a flamer sitting on a trash can! And the the flame outs.

After reading and thinking back on everything, it was a literal - lol.

(....but not at all the philosophical arguments, which I’m not even going to touch)

Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Went over and read what the media reported. This seemed to sum the case up.

“ Judge Denise Casper told jurors the central question before them was whether Ziobrowski intended to communicate a “true threat” or at least knew that it could be interpreted by others that way.

But she also reminded them that a true threat does not include “caustic”or “sharp” political attacks, which are protected speech.

Besides the tweet from July 2018, Ziobrowski also responded to a tweet about U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers putting their “lives on the line” to make arrests by saying, “Thank you ICE for putting your lives on the line and hopefully dying I guess so there’s less of you?” according to court documents.

He also tweeted about his desire to kill Republican U.S. Sen. John McCain, who has since died, and said guns “should only be legal for shooting the police like the second amendment intended.”

Twitter suspended his account after it was alerted to the threat about the ICE agents.”

“ His lawyer, Derege Demissie, said the case “should never have gone this far.”

“The government turned a tweet that was made in jest — a hyperbolic political statement — into a federal case,” he said.”

“ In one instance, Ziobrowski tweeted to his roughly 400 Twitter followers: “I am broke but will scrounge and literally give $500 to anyone who kills an ice agent. @me seriously who else can pledge get in on this let’s make this work.”

Demissie had argued that his client’s comments were constitutionally protected political speech that have been “blown out of proportion” by prosecutors.

“This is a guy who tweets about all kinds of things and says outrageous things,” he said.”
https://boston.cbslocal.com/20...eat-tweet-acquitted/

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Report This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Fuck...Shit...Jesus... What a crazy thread. I just read the whole thing and FSJ is all I could say because LB and FB, you dumb fucks.
Well, if LB ever posts again we should only respond "lol." And if FB posts we should simply respond "FUCK.YOU." I cant really say anything that hasn't been said.

ArtieS, thank you for the time spent with some of your lengthy reaponses, I appreciate it.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2445 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
Jesus, Lmao....

One member disagrees with the “Hive”, and this happens.

You all act like a bunch of Triggered AOC Snowflakes, looking for your safe space.

Throwing out accusations of “Crazy, dunk, on/off Meds.”
Exactly the same arguments that Liberals give for banning Firearms.

Then all the backslapping, well-done, hand-clapping, like the Schiff office just got the go ahead to impeach.

Lol, you guys need to un-wedgie your Vaginas, reread your posts, and realize how close to Liberals you actually are.

And wait for another infringement on the 2A. Because the more you agree with infringement and intolerance, the more you’re gonna get.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Yup. Genuinely dull-witted.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Yup. Genuinely dull-witted.

I agree that you are, as that’s the best response you can come up with.

You’re all acting like a bunch of Homophobes lol...

No wonder the Liberals want to Red Flag you.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Someone here had said it before, arguing with LB is like playing chess with a pigeon. The pigeon will knock over all the pieces and then strut around like he won, all the while crapping all over the board.

You're beyond thick-headed, man. All the proper responses to you have been laid out. You just seem to have no ability to comprehend them.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
Oh, yeah, and This was just released.

So you can bet your Sweet Asses that the 2A is going to be infringed upon, again...

Quote...

Saudi Naval base killer exploited LOOPHOLE to legally purchase handgun he used in shooting - despite ban on non-citizens buying firearms

Mohammed Saeed al-Shamrani, 21, bought the Glock 45 9-millimeter with an extended magazine legally from a store in Pensacola, sources have told NBC.

End Quote.

So yeah, unless you all open your eyes, we are all fucked.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Longbow_06:
I agree that you are, as that’s the best response you can come up with.

You’re all acting like a bunch of Homophobes lol...

No wonder the Liberals want to Red Flag you.

lol

Posts: 7551 | Registered: October 31, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

Saudi Naval base killer exploited LOOPHOLE to legally purchase handgun he used in shooting - despite ban on non-citizens buying firearms

There is no such ban, genius.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

posted Hide Post
In all of these 11 pages, with all the lol's and lmao's, you still have never explained why you believe that soliciting a murder is protected (i.e. legal) speech.

Can you please do so? Or are you just here to troll at this point?

Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
quote:
Someone here had said it before, arguing with LB is like playing chess with a pigeon. The pigeon will knock over all the pieces and then strut around like he won, all the while crapping all over the board.

You're beyond thick-headed, man. All the proper responses to you have been laid out. You just seem to have no ability to comprehend them.

Hey, I havn’t been banned yet Wink

I know Para is a wise guy, as “most” of you, here, are.
Yuo let folks eat a pizza, one slice at a time, and amazingly the Pizza is soon gone.
You’re all sitting in an Internet forum, calling names, because someone points that out, in the big scheme of things it means absolutely nothing.

I get it. You see you’re world and beliefs crumbling.
You’re faith is being tested. And you’re all worried about the future.

For Fucks Sake ! Come up with feasible arguments.

Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Palm:
In all of these 11 pages, with all the lol's and lmao's, you still have never explained why you believe that soliciting a murder is protected (i.e. legal) speech.

I'd like to know if he's saying this. I think he's saying you're free to break the law as long as you accept the consequences. I could be wrong. He hasnt been explicit about whether he agrees there are *legal* limits to the 1A and 2A.

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Report This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

There is no such ban, genius.

Nope, I know that, genius, but there will be soon. Again, an infringement.

Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
quote:
Originally posted by Palm:

I'd like to know if he's saying this. I think he's saying you're free to break the law as long as you accept the consequences. I could be wrong. He hasnt been explicit about whether he agrees there are *legal* limits to the 1A and 2A.

Finally !!
A member here sees it !!

Are You willing to break the law to stand up for your rights ?

Because Virginians may have to face that outcome, in order to defend the 2A.

Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Come up with feasible arguments.

I'd say people have but you don't address them. You just go off on tangents.

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Report This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
quote:
Come up with feasible arguments.

I'd say people have but you don't address them. You just go off on tangents.

I wanted to try and make them think for a minute, and not have some members act like immature, name calling, Snowflakes.