SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Girl 15 Stops Mom's Attacker with .45 SA Colt
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Girl 15 Stops Mom's Attacker with .45 SA Colt Login/Join 
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
"2 rounds to the chest"

He died of a broken heart.

Posts: 8911 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Good for her.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32054 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
2 x 200g .45 LC to the upper torso

"Steven Kelley, 46, was found dead by deputies"

I believe that's the natural progression of things....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
Steven Kelley, 46, was found dead

Tombstone:
Here lies Steve
But we won't grieve
He'd still be alive
If it wasn't for his temper
And that pesky .45

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
Quote:
A woman’s affection is like the morning dew. It’s as likely to fall upon a horse turd as it is on a rose.

Men can do it too.
Ask me how I know.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4247 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc H.:

In my little fantasy, I was hoping it was 2 x 255 plain lead. Just like Matt Dillon.

Posts: 9030 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by Doc H.:

In my little fantasy, I was hoping it was 2 x 255 plain lead. Just like Matt Dillon.

FTW!

Plain Jane cast lead 255g @ 900fps. Works every time it's tried.

Good for her and I hope she is not scarred by the experience.

Posts: 2844 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

I'm curious how two rounds to the chest grazed the leg of the 16 year old sister?

quote:
...Authorities say the [12 year old] boy's 15-year-old sister took the gun from him and fired it twice into Kelley's chest...The third sibling, a 16-year-old girl, was grazed in the leg and treated at a hospital and released...

Dad did a great job teaching his kids how to safely handle and use handguns. I don't think I've ever read a news story that actually gave credit for this before.

Posts: 2868 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
I wouldn’t be surprised if the girls hatched a plan to take out the dirtbag the next time he laid a hand on their mom. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

The thought crossed my mind as well. Abusive bf, that wont leave, and is a threat to the family, and cops and law enforcement are reluctant and really powerless to really do anything, and the answer is clear.

IF they planned for this ahead of time, and accomplished it, good for them. Better than a dead mom and three dead kids.

Posts: 6705 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
quote:

Steven Kelley, 46, was found dead by deputies who responded Aug. 8 to a call about a shooting at the house in the North Carolina foothills west of Charlotte, authorities said. He was shot twice and killed by his girlfriend's 15-year-old daughter after he attacked the woman and threatened to kill her and her three children in the home they all shared, the Rutherford County Sheriff's Office said.

Well, some people just need killin'.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
single-action Colt .45-caliber revolver that had to be cocked between shots, said District Attorney Ted Bell.

Between shots? Hmmmm........

Posts: 15158 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rockchalk06:
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
For a young girl to kill, this asshole was doing more than beating on the mother.

That was my first thought.

yep

betting the deceased was hitting on the daugher(s)

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10592 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
quote:
single-action Colt .45-caliber revolver that had to be cocked between shots, said District Attorney Ted Bell.

Between shots? Hmmmm........

Accurate, even if incomplete.

I hope she was behind him and he realized the shit he was in as the 4 clicks of an SAA hammer sealed his fate. OK, maybe a little dramatic, but fun to think about.

Posts: 9030 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
I hope she was behind him and he realized the shit he was in as the 4 clicks of an SAA hammer sealed his fate.

I'll bet the second set of clicks had his full attention.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

Yes! "Holy shit! She just shot me!" "Holy double shit! She's going to shoot me again!!"

Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
quote:
I hope she was behind him and he realized the shit he was in as the 4 clicks of an SAA hammer sealed his fate.

I'll bet the second set of clicks had his full attention.

C*O*L*T has always managed to dramatically and successfully catch the attention of the person in front of the hole. At least the first set....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Colonel Colt's reform school comes through again. Well done girl and a posthumous well done to Dad from a dad.

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1132 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if she said anything to the guy before firing?

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of taco68
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
For a young girl to kill, this asshole was doing more than beating on the mother.

^^^ This was the first thing that came to my mind!

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2546 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RonJon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
...the SAA / 45 has been dropping ne'r-do-wells for a long time. Smile

That's why it's called The Peacemaker!

Posts: 128 | Location: Mn | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post