SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wanted a worthless 50 cal machine gun barrel
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wanted a worthless 50 cal machine gun barrel Login/Join 
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted
I need a part or whole 50 WWII machine gun barrel for an experiment. Anyone have one or know where I can find one?

Posts: 2401 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's good to see you, Ed. I thought about you a while back, wondered how you're doing.

I'd love to know what you're working on.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
is there a National Guard armory anywhere near you? You may want to contact someone there to start

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Planning on cutting through a machine gun barrel with a Samurai sword? Big Grin

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16347 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Perhaps Ed is after the steel.

Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
I am working on some experiments, yes I would like to find a 50 Cal machine gun barrel to cut ii in half. Just fun stuff::

Posts: 2401 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Give Independent Studio Services in Sun Valley a call. I've done some active shooter training at their facility after we took a tour of their firearms section. They have an extensive collection of .50 Cal guns and several from WWII ships that they showed us. Lots of things that make you drool that you can play with.

They are a licensed firearm dealer and modify guns for every shoot or movie imaginable.

https://issprops.com

Posts: 4076 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
I thank you for the information, now it is time to follow up>

semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Ed, the military barrels are serialized and a turn in item. A lot of times they are bored out and lined or even re-lined a second time. After that military weapons are destroyed. So you may not have a chance after a old burnt out military one. But you could try and contact the small arms repair facility (SARF)

COMMANDER
ATTN (recipient’s name) BLDG (recipient's building #) CODE (recipient's code)
NAVSURFWARCENDIV
300 HIGHWAY 361
CRANE IN 47522-5001

Visitor centers number is (812) 854-1213

Or, maybe someone has a line from or thru the guys who shoot machine guns at Knob Creek…

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
is there a National Guard armory anywhere near you? You may want to contact someone there to start

No way in hell they’d give him one. That’s an “accountable item” whether it’s good or not

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
A bit OT but your question reminded me of Dolf Goldsmith's interview in the Small Arms Review. He owned some machine guns as a teenager, even finding a Maxim in his aunt's attic.

https://www.smallarmsreview.co...e.cfm?idarticles=125

Maybe SAR has a classifieds and WTB option. Good luck.

Will you cut it in half crosswise or lengthwise?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
Something like this?

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3142 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by motor59:
Something like this?
That looks like the ticket.

Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by motor59:
Something like this?

Out of stock when I looked.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It does show, though, that they can be found.

Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I would give Apex an email.
service@apexgunparts.com

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
isn't there a range in the Las Vegas area that does a lot of rental on MG's??

may try them and see if the have a worn out barrel,

no Gov't is gonna give one up, unless you can find one in a parts/surplus liquidation auction,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What about Numrich Arms??

Posts: 6617 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
What about Numrich Arms??

Yes, but only NOS and expensive.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1573310

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They used to sell used parts also.

Posts: 6617 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post