SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Police release surveillance video of shootout, attempted carjacking that killed retired Chicago firefighter
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Police release surveillance video of shootout, attempted carjacking that killed retired Chicago firefighter Login/Join 
We Are...MARSHALL
Picture of armedmd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
I think once the shooting started the clowns were done.

Please post updates on the murder investigation as it progress'.

The investigators must have a ton of evidence by now. Plenty of video on these guys driving around.

Just go get them. These kids are not Oxford students.

Certainly not Oxford students but not unique to the greater Chicago area either. As others have mentioned the community will be of little to no assistance despite the reward. A very tragic event. Unfortunately the good guy didn’t win. I’m thankful I live in an area where events like this are rare but they do occur as we just lost a city officer a few days ago in the line of duty during a daytime interaction over a possible parking violation.

Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire and keep him warm the rest of his life.

Posts: 1895 | Location: WV | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
This type of crime is far more common that is ever reported. Surprisingly enough, if it wasn't a retired fire fighter this wouldn't have been reported on. Car jackings are up well over 150%. Violent crime is so common here in Chicago, that reporters just assume everyone already knows about it, so why report on it. We are steadily approaching 800 homicides for the year and again surpassing the 4k plus shot mark. The naysayers say "But per 100,000, Chicago isn't in the top ten in murders. Bullshit, just look at the fucking bodies, it's an amazing sight when you look at them piled up at the morgue. This is Chicago, the city of big lies. The FBI (not that they are so great) won't even accept crime statistics from here since they know that we don't really report crime like most agencies do.

Combine all of this with inept leadership from the city and local government, cook county prison reform, complete lack of law enforcement from the State's Attorney's office and the "sell their soul for that next promotion" officers that have been promoted way beyond their capabilities, and you have a perfect storm of shit in this climate of Defunding the police and police reform. What we truly need is criminal reform, but that will never happen here.

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2514 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t think he realized there were two more scumbags. He was very focused on the guy in front of him.

It’s hard to tell at what point he was shot. It’s amazing the first guy wasn’t dropped on sight from that distance. Scumbag looks like he returns some random fire which must have struck the victim.

Posts: 5426 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
The naysayers say "But per 100,000, Chicago isn't in the top ten in murders.

They must really HATE Hey Jackass- would you say their numbers are more or less accurate?

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15626 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a Chicgo native. The folks in power say whatever helps them. Massaging numbers is a small part of the problem. It has been that way forever.

Posts: 17281 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:
The naysayers say "But per 100,000, Chicago isn't in the top ten in murders.

They must really HATE Hey Jackass- would you say their numbers are more or less accurate?

Give or take 1, I'll say "Hey Jackass" is the MOST accurate out there. The media usually undercuts the homicides by 10 or so, because that's what the Dept feeds them. "Oh, that homicide happened on the Expressway", the Expressway is in Chicago city limits, but the Expressways fall under State Police jurisdiction. The murder happened in Chicago, but doesn't count on our numbers.

Klusk is right. Crime is UP... Not just here, but in a lot of the larger cities. I'll let you draw your own conclusions about what those cities have in common.

The Jacking/Murder happened about 2 miles from my house. I drive past that corner a lot. There was another carjacking 2 blocks from my house about a week prior.

They're related.
I can't say much, but it's a carjacking crew from the southern suburbs. One of them is a juvenile. They're connected to a bunch of jackings all on the south side and southern suburbs.

Here's a shocker- this information IS NOT CONNECTED TO THE REWARD... The "community" hasn't said a damn thing... But hey, black lives matter, right? Here's a black man, that worked in the black community, saved black people in the black community... No protests, no marches, no riots... Ehhh... That's a rant for another day.

(Gear, I don't know if it's you, but someone on Sig Forum either knows or is related to someone on the "Hey Jackass" staff. Whoever it is, please, PLEASE tell them THANK YOU! And keep up the great work!)

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8368 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gear, I don't know if it's you

Not me, I’m just an enjoyer of watching the hypocrisy play out in Chi-town.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15626 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CHICAGO — A 15-year-old boy has been charged with murder in connection to the fatal shooting of a retired Chicago firefighter during an attempted carjacking, police said.

The teen faces a first-degree murder charge and an attempted robbery/armed with firearm charge. He is scheduled to appear in juvenile court Thursday.

Dwain Williams, 65, was fatally shot during an attempted carjacking on Dec. 3 in Morgan Park. Police said Williams was in the 2400 block of West 118th Street around 2 p.m. and was leaving a popcorn store when he was approached by four people. One of the people had a gun and fired shots, striking Williams in the abdomen.

RELATED CONTENT
Lawyer says slain retired firefighter was targeted by carjackers looking to hack into Jeep
Police release surveillance video of shootout, attempted carjacking that killed retired Chicago firefighter
Reward offered in fatal shooting of retired Chicago firefighter
Williams was taken to Advocate Christ, where he was pronounced dead. Williams was a highly decorated 65-year-old fire lieutenant who retired just two years ago.

The teen was arrested Wednesday in the 400 block of W. 16th St. after being identified as an offender in the fatal shooting.

Police said they’re questioning one adult and are actively looking for two other adults in the case.

LINK:https://wgntv.com/news/chicago-news/15-year-old-boy-charged-with-murder-in-connection-to-fatal-shooting-of-retired-chicago-firefighter/

Posts: 17281 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
No more life prison sentences, no more pleading.

Garbage like that needs to be dumped in the middle of the ocean.

Posts: 13148 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post