SIGforum
Defining Moments - Can you identify one in your life?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/1620085334

November 24, 2017, 01:06 PM
18Z50
Defining Moments - Can you identify one in your life?
8/26/95.....Married the Honeybadger.
November 24, 2017, 01:44 PM
oddball
The day my son came to life.

The day the Twin Towers went down.

The day when I first decided to start my business.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965
November 24, 2017, 02:30 PM
smithnsig
A buddy of mine, now deceased, begged me to go to the Florabama with them. It was a Thursday night. The truth is they needed a designated driver. As I was sitting sober, a knockout who was also sober sat down. She was on spring break from Troy State. We have be m married 19 years this year. And btw, she's still a knockout.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...
November 24, 2017, 02:47 PM
Sig M11
Late August 1989 (Quantico, VA): "I want your DOR!"

May 11, 1997 (Quantico, VA): I [name] do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

November 10, 1999 (Reston, VA): Two girls enter the world.

September 11, 2001 (The Pentagon): "Terrorist attacks can shake the foundations of our biggest buildings, but they cannot touch the foundation of America."
November 24, 2017, 02:53 PM
Sig2340
The day I got married and the day I delivered daughter-chan.

There are other days, my long list of shouldn't-have-lived experiences, some paths I elected not to travel, some paths I got off of in the nick of time, and others that are equally memorable.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018
November 24, 2017, 04:05 PM
Chach
Long story short, had I not gone up a set of stairs I never would've set into motion a chain of events and I would've continued studying computer sciences in college instead of switching to economics.

So yeah, deciding to go up a set of stairs completely changed my life.

November 25, 2017, 03:24 AM
OldMick
The day I met the new neighbor's daughter while waiting for the bus to school. Too long and boring of a story, but that meeting changed my life (in a positive way).