SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    World's largest RC Concorde model
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

World's largest RC Concorde model Login/Join 
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted
This model is amazing and some of the maneuvers it does are quite impressive. The videographer does a great job following it throughout the flight.

Posts: 7322 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW !!! Awesome !!!! Thank you for sharing. I bet that RC model has more than enough power to have a real human passenger in it. God Bless Smile

PS: I also noticed that this model did not tilt its nose up like the real Concorde during flight, but kept it tilted the whole time.

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3072 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VBVAGUY:PS: I also noticed that this model did not tilt its nose up like the real Concorde during flight, but kept it tilted the whole time.

You can clearly see it raised in flight mode @2:01.

Posts: 11340 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like the nose cone might raise when the landing gear is retracted. That would be simpler than adding another radio signal for the nose cone.

Oh, and tacfoley - congratulations on reaching 20 years on the forum.

Posts: 2776 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
RC modeling get more impressive each year. It would really be cool if there was a camera in the cockpit.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3873 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
WOW, thats cool thank you for posting this.
I can only imaging how much that must have cost to build and maintain.

When I was a kid (back in the 70s) my father had the old cable controlled planes. Back then all you could do was stand in one place controlling the plane with a cable and go in circles, how technology has changed.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2579 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Pretty amazing
Always wanted to get into RC planes, but man I can't imagine the heartache if you put it wrong on one like this.

I was on a college team, DBF (design, build, fly), where we had to develop a plane for a 'mission'
I was a freshman, so I was just assembly & grunt work, but it was a fun experience.
We built 2 planes & crashed them both [1 of them twice].

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15388 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
But can it go Mach 1? No? Color me unimpressed. Wink

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30435 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:

When I was a kid (back in the 70s) my father had the old cable controlled planes. Back then all you could do was stand in one place controlling the plane with a cable and go in circles, how technology has changed.

It's funny you should mention that. Running across this video brought back memories of building a Ringmaster control-line kit back in the day. I spent hours gluing lead weights to one side of the wing ribs and spars and even more doping the fabric and trying to keep everything even and tight. Positively primitive compared to these guys.

Posts: 7322 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Classic example of the difference between men and boys would be the price of their toys........... drill sgt.

Posts: 2028 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
Terrific-thanks for sharing! I wonder if they hav veto carry heavy insurance? Cheers!

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Cool video, thanks for sharing.

Years ago our next-door neighbor was an RC plane enthusiast. He build and flew a 1:6 scale German Storch (about an 8-foot windspan). He wanted to build something significantly bigger (a B25 Mitchell, I think) but he said he wouldn’t be able to transport anything much bigger at that scale on his trailer.

Edit: Meant to add, these guys would need a tractor trailer to haul this one around.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: StarTraveler,

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2109 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FiveFiveSixFan:
quote:

It's funny you should mention that. Running across this video brought back memories of building a Ringmaster control-line kit back in the day. I spent hours gluing lead weights to one side of the wing ribs and spars and even more doping the fabric and trying to keep everything even and tight. Positively primitive compared to these guys.

I have several control line airplanes up in the rafters of my garage. Have not flown them for years. Have an old oil can case box full of motors too. I loved scratch building them the best. One design I made was the best stunter I ever saw

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6323 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSAC:
Looks like the nose cone might raise when the landing gear is retracted. That would be simpler than adding another radio signal for the nose cone.

Oh, and tacfoley - congratulations on reaching 20 years on the forum.

Thank you, Sir! It's people like you that keep me here!

Take care, all there.

tac & Mrs tac

Posts: 11340 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
quote:
Originally posted by FiveFiveSixFan:
quote:

I have several control line airplanes up in the rafters of my garage. Have not flown them for years. Have an old oil can case box full of motors too. I loved scratch building them the best. One design I made was the best stunter I ever saw

Yea I used to fly those control line planes. It was a LOT of fun. The trick was to do a loop and fly inverted in the opposite direction. I broke a lot of planes trying to master that. The other thing we did was lock arms with another flyer, and try to take our your opponent. Yea, I broke and repaired lots of times - crash, rinse, repeat. That was serious fun.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8714 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
quote:
Originally posted by VBVAGUY:PS: I also noticed that this model did not tilt its nose up like the real Concorde during flight, but kept it tilted the whole time.

You can clearly see it raised in flight mode @2:01.

Thanks !!! Some how I must have missed that. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3072 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have to ask, if anyone can guess-a-mate…. What would something like this cost?

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Google says the engines are $5,000 each plus tax and shipping.

Posts: 11022 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
But can it go Mach 1? No? Color me unimpressed. Wink

Maybe proportionately.

Year V

Posts: 2635 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Cool. The real deal was the LOUDEST damn plane I've ever heard on a fly by.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17306 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post