SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jeep offering deep discounts right now
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jeep offering deep discounts right now Login/Join 
Picture of Shaql
posted
The Shaql family dumped our 2016 Explorer which had been a pretty good car except for the transmission. It once again tried to kill my wife so it was time to move on.

After a lot of looking, we found that Jeep was deeply discounting their inventory to keep it moving while interest rates are high.

We picked up a fully loaded Grand Cherokee Limited for ~$13k under MSRP as long as we financed through them. No biggie, we put half down and plan on paying it off in 3 months (they required at least 3 months before full payment). We'll front load the payments so the interest we really pay will be minimum.

So, if you have the means, and really like Jeep, check them out. Wicked deals to be had!

This pic is just like ours:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Shaql,

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6900 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Congrats, I considered them, but they only had the L model at the time.
Looks like yours is an Altitude pkg?

I really wanted to consider an Overland, but Eek at the MSRP & there weren't many discount on the board then.
The 4xe would be an option too, but they're fairly pricey as well.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 16014 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
as long as we financed through them

Eek

I suppose it could work IF you are going to finance anyway.

Posts: 23227 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:

We bought a Limited. I'll update the OP.

The dealer I bought from has 1 Overland at ~$12k under MSRP. Overland Link

They also have 6 4xe at ~$13k under MSRP 4xe Link

Posts: 6900 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
as long as we financed through them

Eek

I suppose it could work IF you are going to finance anyway.

Believe it or not, the rate we got from MOPAR wasn't outrageous for the environment we're in. But we have very good credit. Obviously their strategy is they'll make the money up on interest to "pay back" the discounts. They're going to lose a lot of money on our car. Big Grin

And like I said in the OP, we are going to pay it off in 3 months so our discounts grossly cover any interest we're paying.

If interest rates were low, you'd pay near MSRP with cash or financed and the interest would put you back. So in either case, cash is king.

Finance guy said a lot of people refinance once rates come down. I don't see that as a smart option at all.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
quote:

We bought a Limited. I'll update the OP.

The dealer I bought from has 1 Overland at ~$12k under MSRP. Overland Link

They also have 6 4xe at ~$13k under MSRP 4xe Link

Maybe if I didn't already have my Explorer. And even then, I've been tempted to offload it while used values are high & cut out one of our car notes.
But it only has 38k on it, gets pretty great MPG [for a 300hp 6 seater SUV], and it's a tough sell to drop it & go to a higher mileage older vehicle.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 16014 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the new car, looks great. That deal also sounded to good to pass up.

My wife and I just bought a brand new 2024 Mazda CX5 Carbon edition back in December. We got them to throw in some extra stuff for free with the car. We also figure we got it for about 10% under Msrp.
We also got it at 0% finance for 5 year's.

We were starting to look for a new car a few month earlier and we weren't sure exactly when we were going to buy, however the 0% financing deal in December made it to good to pass up.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2639 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
As Extraordinary
as Everyone Else
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Just an FYI that these types of discounts are available on just about all Jeep products…

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6482 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Man they are proud of new Wranglers.

Looks like I’ll be keeping mine indefinitely lol

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11464 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I was sitting in traffic yesterday coming back from Keystone resort and was next to one of these, based off of a Jeep. I wonder if they'll also knock something off their $244,000 MSRP Eek .

Yes, I realize it's an aftermarket company.

Posts: 5821 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hopefully things in the car world are starting to turn for the better. I noticed Dodge is starting to have better deals but of course, what my son is looking at- the Challenger, has been sitting on lots for quite a while now.

Posts: 7087 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
Hopefully things in the car world are starting to turn for the better. I noticed Dodge is starting to have better deals but of course, what my son is looking at- the Challenger, has been sitting on lots for quite a while now.

There’s tons of money off on just about anything Stellantis right now including Challengers.

https://www.scottevanschrysler...5Btype%5D%5B0%5D=New

Stellantis just got some new leadership so I’m sure there will be big incentives to get some metal moving.

Stellantis raised prices higher in the last 5 years than any manufacturer (50.4%) and everyone pretty much bailed on them.

With that in mind they need to make some drastic moves to bring some semblance of sales back. Everything should seem like a great deal as long as customers forget about the 50.4% price increases over the last 5 years.

Posts: 4010 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post