SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    jhe888, you were asking about UJM's a while back...looks like Kawasaki is bringing one back
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

jhe888, you were asking about UJM's a while back...looks like Kawasaki is bringing one back Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
The bike won't officially be released until December but it looks like Kawasaki is going to cash in on the retro craze and build a Z900RS.

I love the classic lines. I hope the final product looks similar to the pics I'm seeing online.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21115 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:

I love the classic lines.

Yep, if I wasn't sure before, this confirms it. I am getting old. Wink
That bike looks like one of the newer, more modern models to me.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Mo' better:

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30687 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
seat needs to look more like this

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54651 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
The local shop has a new old stock CB1100 that keeps dropping in price. Sadly I can barely garage my cbr.

Posts: 9969 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tooled around on one of these in my youth:

https://images.search.yahoo.co...50E.jpg&action=click

(not my pic)

I love the classic lines of these bikes.

--------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Thanks.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
seat needs to look more like this

Here you go. 2017 Yamaha SR400. Has a kick start too, and only kick start. No electric start. Pretty old school.

Or the 2018 Suzuki TU250X

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
Wow that resembles the KZ-750LTD I used to have.
I loved that bike.

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 782 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Mo' better:

Way!

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
I have been trying to find a nice early 70's airhead for a while st a price I can afford.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3694 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
The local shop has a new old stock CB1100 that keeps dropping in price.

What year?

In the mid-'90s I rode a mint CB1100 the seller had bought as a leftover. Rode it for an hour, first by myself, then with the seller. He was selling it because as his first bike, he discovered it was way too powerful. I convinced him to garage it for a year and start on something smaller. The CB1100 straight-4 is an amazing bike.

Here is a web image of my last bike, a (1981) Honda CB900 Custom.

Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
2014, the recent reintroduction. Black tank with the 6 gear transmission.

Posts: 9969 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Are those stone shields on the lower front of the forks? I hope so, because any little nick is going to instantly dump the fork oil.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of domcintosh
posted Hide Post
This looks a lot like my XSR 900.

The opinions expressed in no way reflect the stance or opinion of my employer.

Posts: 5446 | Location: Stationed in Kitsap Washington w/ the USN | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The XSR900 & CB1100 are its direct competitors. I was reading that it should have something like 110hp so it will have quite a bit of power on tap.

I really like it. I'd probably take a BMW R NineT over it but I like it more than Honda, Yamaha and Ducatis retro bikes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21115 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Woodman, did your CB900 have the 10 speed or whatever it was transmission?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Yep, it had a hi/low and a 5-speed. Rear air shocks. Leaked just enough oil across the heads to give you that smell which says, "God, I love my bike".

A college kid bought it, dropped $$$ into it, and sold it to me for his purchase price after three months. I enjoyed it a year or so, did a tune up and a carb synchronization, and sold it for my purchase price.

Loved doing 15mph to 90mph in 3rd gear only. Regularly rode at the sweet 4000-to-6000 rpm range.

A guy with no license and a gun on his belt bought it - after a three block test drive on the back. Even with all that weight, it drove nice. After a tight u-turn, he said, "That's enough". Something about feeling the rear something-bushing was tight.

I figured no one would pull over Fish & Game on a bike, so I let him have my plate as well.

Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
After a tight u-turn, he said, "That's enough". Something about feeling the rear something-bushing was tight.

Rear swing-arm bushings. She'll jink around a little in a tight turn if they're sloppy.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15237 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Amazing ... 20 years later, that is the phrase which comes back to me. Rear swing-arm bushing.