SIGforum
We thought home insurance premium was bad last year!

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/1600000594

September 22, 2022, 09:26 PM
Hamden106
We thought home insurance premium was bad last year!
Mother's premium is UP 57% this year from last. We won't pay it as Mother at 98 isn't living there now. We are in the process of emptying it out for putting on the market. Mother has so much stuff that she does not 1. remember. 2. want to dispose of, even the pile upon pile of empty nut jugs.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished
September 22, 2022, 09:34 PM
Beancooker
It’s worth it to renew and cancel at time of sale. If there was a fire or some other issue, it would really suck to not have insurance. Imagine the house empty and local homeless break in. What if it was flooded due to a broken toilet…
Imagine if a potential buyer hurt themselves while looking at the house.
You want the insurance.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread
September 22, 2022, 09:37 PM
Hamden106
Ins is there to 11/1. Agent says call if need more time. Farmers BTW

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished
September 23, 2022, 07:28 AM
Pipe Smoker
^^^^^^^^
Re: “ Farmers BTW”

The Farmers app on my iPhone is excellent. So easy to see paid/due status of my auto, home, and umbrella accounts. And to make payments.

Farmers e-stuff used to suck, but they’re doing better now.

Serious about crackers
September 23, 2022, 08:42 AM
HRK
Daughters HO did the same a $1400 increase.

Hate to see what ours will be.
September 23, 2022, 09:16 AM
snwghst
my wind and hail is set to increase by 65% next year

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever
September 23, 2022, 09:03 PM
911Boss
After many years, I just cancelled USAA home and auto insurance and went through Costco “American Family Insurance”.

Auto policy went from $1245/6 mos to $1022/6 mos

Home policy went from $1218/yr to $655/yr. The $1218 was last years cost (renew in Dec) hadn’t received the renewal cost but expected it would go up by at least $100 as that has been the case every year, so probably saving even more.

Combine savings of $84/mo for same or better coverages, over 27% less.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

September 23, 2022, 09:11 PM
drill sgt
Keep the property insured until it has sold and title changed hands... Heaven forbid something happening and it gets destroyed or damaged before legal possession changes..... small price to pay but will benefit in the end.....drill sgt.
September 24, 2022, 09:41 AM
bryan11
^^ Thanks for mentioning that, 911Boss. USAA seems to have declined in both service and rates, so this looks worth investigating.