SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hunter in Chautauqua County, New York bags a pickup
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunter in Chautauqua County, New York bags a pickup Login/Join 
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Grew up in Vermont and had lots of issues with "road hunters."
One farmer heard shooting outside his house. He cam out and found two idiots. One had shot his goat while it was tied to a post. they argued it was a "mountain goat."
Another, hopfully a tall tale, concerned a guy just home from Vietnam. Some road hunters stopped and started shooting at him. He hunkered down behind a stone wall, then got angry. His first shot took out the windshield and caused them to run.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6065 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Elkhunter's cow story reminded me of a guy who had cows on his place in then rural Faquier County, VA.

Every hunting season he painted the word "COW" on both sides of each animal in bright colored paint

And he still had one of his cows shot by a steam powered rocket sturgeon who claimed he thought it was a deer.

I think it was in 1984 or 1985. It was about the time I stopped hunting because of the imbeciles who were unsafe.

They used to do that up in N. Idaho years ago. May still do it.

Some tied bright red blankets around their horses' bodies. Some painted the letters on their cows.

A no shit story: My brother and I were checking out through a game check station on the way home. We had a buck in the trunk, stopped to check it, and got BSing with the guy at the check station, Note, it was about 2330.

He told us of some flatllander from Kansas who had checked through about an hour before. Checked out an antelope. Not a big deal until the game check guy started laughing and told us the guy had shot, and tagged a coyote!~

I asked if he told the dipshit any different. He said no, he just wondered what the dipshit would think/say when he tried to eat that "antelope".

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25656 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:

Only problem was they were dairy cows.

You'se guys never heard of slow elk? Frown

And then the joke goes "yep mister, that's a fine elk you've got there. Now if you'll just help me get my saddle off him, we'll all be good."

Yeah, most of us from N. Idaho know about slow elk. We learned it at about age 6 or 7.

A raft of silly stories about those slow elk, too.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25656 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
I went to the ranch today to put some new tires on the Polaris. Since I was there I decided to sit in a stand for the afternoon once I wrapped up my chore. I am happy to report that I did not break any game laws and I did not shoot any people, vehicles or livestock.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
He told us of some flatllander from Kansas who had checked through about an hour before. Checked out an antelope. Not a big deal until the game check guy started laughing and told us the guy had shot, and tagged a coyote!~

I asked if he told the dipshit any different. He said no, he just wondered what the dipshit would think/say when he tried to eat that "antelope".

Some moron went through a check station up near Havre a few years back with a llama. Thought it was a deer. It made all the papers, and I'll bet he didn't do that again.

Posts: 20611 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
My neighbor and friend, has a large farming cattle estate, and I lease my acreage to him for hay production.

Over the years, several of his cows have been shot, wheat fields torn up by 4x4 vehicles, and countless tresspassing incidents.

This morning he showed me a tire some one had slashed on his parked haybine near his home, in a field, he found a knife nearby.

Just coicidence, but he had run off hunters on his land earlier this week. No respect for peoples property is what we have found in my area.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
There was a hunter from Massachusetts that got tired of harassing (to him) game wardens. He drove up to New Hamshire, bought a cow, shot the cow and tied it to his hood. Then he drove back to Massachusetts. Just as he crossed the border, he was busted. He didn't have a permit to bring beef into the state.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6065 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Police say 43-year-old Rosemary Billquist was shot and killed Wednesday by a man who thought she was a deer.

Shooter in this case has been charged with manslaughter.

Posts: 21383 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
quote:
"Police say 43-year-old Rosemary Billquist was shot and killed Wednesday by a man who thought she was a deer.

Too bad he's not a multiple felon, illegal alien, five time deportee. If he were he might actually have a chance to be found not guilty. Roll Eyes

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30954 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
quote:

Too bad he's not a multiple felon, illegal alien, five time deportee. If he were he might actually have a chance to be found not guilty. Roll Eyes

Beat me to it...My exact thought. That poor bastard will fry...but the 5 time illegal walks.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:One shooting was the 200 yard pistol shot that killed a woman.

The other one was the Ohio man who killed a pickup truck.

Well, no, he didn't kill the pickup, he just 'disabled it'. I'm guessing that when he moved in the give it the coup de grace he realised his error. Maybe not. Gralloching a pickup truck means turning it over and cutting through the sump, and that might just have been too hard....

tac

Posts: 11444 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing it wasn't that hard to track, just follow the oil trail.

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shoot first, identify later. That’s what hunting is all about.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3634 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Friend: Was it a twelve-pointer?

Hunter: Nah, a V-8.

Posts: 1512 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post