SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Help - Screen mirroring Iphone 14 to Samsung TV
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help - Screen mirroring Iphone 14 to Samsung TV Login/Join 
posted
It seems Samsung tvs do everything in their power to not play nice with Apple. How do I get my Iphone 14 and tv to mirror?

Both tv and Iphone are on the same wifi network however the tv does not show up in screen mirroring. On a friends Samsung phone the tv pops right up.

Posts: 5466 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
<<< Not an expert

My Samsung TV's do it easily with my Samsung phone.

The wife had to buy an Apple TV device to get her Iphone and Ipad to mirror

Posts: 5560 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
Both tv and Iphone are on the same wifi network however the tv does not show up in screen mirroring. On a friends Samsung phone the tv pops right up.
And there's your answer.

I don't know this for sure, but I doubt you can screen-mirror a Samsung phone to an Apple TV, either.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i use samsung smart view to mirror my samsung phone to samsung tv.

i just looked in the google store/i-phone 8+, "samsung smart view" & got several possibilities:

tv cast for samsung may work.

Posts: 2245 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
You have to set up AirPlay ...
YMMV, but I could never make that work for me.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
I find with TV's your better off using the WPS button rather than a password to set them up. Seems to cause less issues

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5182 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
It may depend on the age of the tv and the software for it. I have a Samsung tv that hooks up to screen share without issue.

The LG in the garage is a bit older (4 to 5 years) and LG will not upgrade the software to play with Apple, the newer versions of the TV do this without issue.

Check to see what OS is on your TV, check with Samsung, you may just need to upgrade the OS.

Posts: 24339 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I can mirror my iPhone to my Samsung TVs but it is certainly not as easy as my old Samsung phones. Smart View is really nice if you've got all Samsung devices.

I'll have to see again when I get home how to put my iphone up on the screen.

BTW, maybe it's Apple who doesn't play along well with others, not the other way around.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10594 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Is everyone here talking about the same thing? Casting vs. mirroring.
I use an IPad to stream movies to a Samsung TV using an app on the TV, and a compatible browser on the IPad. It also will connect with screen mirroring, which I never use... I have occasionally used Smart View on a S10, and yes, that is stupid easy.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6372 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
Is everyone here talking about the same thing? Casting vs. mirroring.
I use an IPad to stream movies to a Samsung TV using an app on the TV, and a compatible browser on the IPad. It also will connect with screen mirroring, which I never use... I have occasionally used Smart View on a S10, and yes, that is stupid easy.

i use both terms, not sure how they're different!!

Posts: 2245 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airbubba:
i use both terms, not sure how they're different!!

Mirroring duplicates your screen in real time.
Casting, well, the internet says:
Screen casting differs from screen mirroring in two ways. When you're casting to another display, you're not mirroring the screen of your device. You can cast a video to another display and still use your device, often a phone or tablet, without interrupting the video or showing any of your other content.

Additionally, usually when casting, once the terminal display device starts it's display, your source device is essentially out of the equation. Ex. Once I start a movie casting from my IPad to a TV, I could shut off my IPad and the cast stream continues pulling from the data source (not the IPAD).

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6372 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post