SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My son graduated college this past weekend...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My son graduated college this past weekend... Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted
...and I'm feeling both incredibly proud of him and what he accomplished while also feeling incredibly old. Justin graduated Cum Laude in International Business from the College Of Charleston where he was also part of the honors college. Now comes the rest of his adult life, which given his love of travel and job possibilities, I fear I'll be even less a part of than I have been. Boy do I miss those days where he'd climb onto the couch with me on Sunday afternoon to watch an MLB game. Smile

Good luck son. You've truly been a gift from god and I love you dearly.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Congrats to you and your boy!

My boys are 7 & 8. Sometimes I think about how fast the last 8 years have gone by, and in 10 more the oldest will be graduating HS. We still read and tuck them in every night. If i'm in the garage or something they hunt me down and make me come tuck them in. I wonder how many more years of that I have left. I'd imagine in a few more years I won't be allowed in their rooms.

Posts: 5763 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Now comes the hard part, which is letting him go. I have two sons, both now graduated and gainfully employed, and I'm proud and happy for both of them. Like you, I sure miss the snuggling on the couch and falling asleep on top of me.

Oh well-maybe grandkids one day.

Posts: 3437 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
That's a "Bigdeal"! Congrats. C of C, does he sail? Good program there.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3763 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Excellent! I'm sure he'll do very well!!!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38685 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats to your family and especially your son. That video almost brought a tear to my eye. It made think of my son's graduation from college. I was so proud of him. Oh, you can take this to the bank, your son is going to do so much more to make you proud as his career progresses. So much more.

Posts: 7560 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Congrats to both you and your son. As you may have noticed from a prior post of mine, my daughter also graduated Cum Laude from Roanoke College in Salem, VA, on May the 5th.

Similar story and congrats again!

Posts: 3726 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to both of you...you both have much to be proud of! I'm already missing some of what you speak of, and my son is a sophomore in HS.

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
Congrats, I know you’re proud. My daughter graduates this weekend. Biology and chemistry BS degrees with honors.

Posts: 1827 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
It does make you feel old. Congrats. My son will graduate from Gustavus Adolphus College in a couple of weeks.

Posts: 7529 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24127 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to you and your young man!

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1178 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Congrats! I wish I liked sports. The hours I could have had with my kids watching games and discussing them. Sports is accessible to both generations.

Posts: 11391 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats !! That's a major life milestone to be sure !

-------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Mike!

Posts: 8625 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the both of you, and a lot of hard work and diligence will certainly pay great dividends in his future...well deserved!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Congratulations and blessings in the next chapter of his journey.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3592 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Congratulations

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Mike. Now is son is on to the next journey in life.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post