SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The hypocrisy of TV reporters acting as if a death, live on TV, disturbs them
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The hypocrisy of TV reporters acting as if a death, live on TV, disturbs them Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Fuck you, lady, and fuck the producers who allow this shit live on TV. "OH MY GOSH!!" translates to "Whoopeee! Our ratings just went up!!"

Fuck you. You ghoulish hypocrites, fuck you. Just what did you expect?

Posts: 107703 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
I like the way she stretches her words when she says, "A Hundred Miles An Hour."

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10932 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
Was that commented on or live? I am glad the guy on the bike didn't kill anyone, screw him if he is dead.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Surprising they didn't show it 2 or 3 times in slow motion.

Posts: 3241 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
I feel for the poor bastard he hit, just driving minding his own business and a moron doing 100+ slams into the front of your car.

Posts: 2780 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Some newsperson. Could at least say if it was heads or tails.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She actually looked like she was going to smile and had to choke it back. This is why I don’t watch any news these days. Life has its shitty moments, so why subject yourself to watching an orgy of shitty moments on the news.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You got that right! I thought, she’s gonna go all Kamala and giggle to the next segment.

She fought to hold back her laugh.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I barely watch the news anymore, but I used to watch Fox News all day in my office while I worked. I remember once when Sheppard Smith and he was airing a car chase live. The guy drove into a remote area, got out of the vehicle, and you could tell he retrieved a handgun from the car. Police were not close yet. It soon became obvious he was going to commit suicide and he first had a malfunction and then shot himself in the head all on live TV. I knew exactly what was going to happen probably 15-20 seconds before it did and they aired it anyway. Of course after the guy shot himself, they started saying to cut the feed. I am sure they too knew what was about to happen.

Just Googled it; man that was back in 2012.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig226fan:
She actually looked like she was going to smile and had to choke it back.
Yep
quote:
Originally posted by p08:
....screw him if he is dead.
Oh, he's dead, and not just merely dead, but clearly, most sincerely dead.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16724 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Bread and circuses man, bread and circuses. It was true then, and it's true now. Give the mouth breathers what they want and you'll prosper.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
You have to ask why he was splitting lanes in traffic at high speed straight down the road with a clear view directly ahead.

#1 way to get hit is someone making a left turn right in front of you - so he held to that lane where it could happen sooner?

And no laying it down or avoidance.

We have a few motorcycle owners in town, a lot of traditional neighborhoods, if you want to get away, you can and would. Alleys, driveways, open terrain - none of that was considered or attempted.

Convince me this wasn't suicide by cager.

As for the newscaster they see the results of what the police get to first, after a few years a certain amount of dark humor is used to distance our inner emotions. Ask any EMT or first responder - it was even a plot gimmick in Law and Order. Joe Fontana smarting off with some play on words about how the victim died.

She's no worse than cops or combat vets. You learn to laugh it off, or you can't at all. You also learn to keep that out of the public eye.

She likely knows that now.

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
What's funny/sad about her commentary at 1:00, with the standard wrap-up "...and of course we are going to continue to follow this story, and bring you more at 4:00..."

Continue to follow what story? The cleanup of asshole biker?

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tirod:
As for the newscaster they see the results of what the police get to first, after a few years a certain amount of dark humor is used to distance our inner emotions. Ask any EMT or first responder - it was even a plot gimmick in Law and Order. Joe Fontana smarting off with some play on words about how the victim died.

She's no worse than cops or combat vets. You learn to laugh it off, or you can't at all. You also learn to keep that out of the public eye.

She likely knows that now.
No one here wants to hear you making excuses for these people.

posted Hide Post
Bubble headed bleach blond,
Comes on at five,
She can tell you about a plane crash,
with a gleam in her eye!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16116 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tirod:
And no laying it down or avoidance.

We have a few motorcycle owners in town, a lot of traditional neighborhoods, if you want to get away, you can and would. Alleys, driveways, open terrain - none of that was considered or attempted.

I don’t even know what suicide by cager means.

I highly doubt this guy slammed into the vehicle on purpose for suicide. He was trying to get away from the cops going way faster than the mind can react to a situation. He easily could have taken a quick glance in his mirror and before he he knew it he was toast. Not everyone who tries to outrun the cops is an expert.

Also a newscaster sitting at a desk reading a teleprompter has not experienced or seen what a first responder has with their own eyes, smell, and hearing at a tragic event. So a newscaster is not learning to laugh it off the way a first responder has to. Has she had to smell burning flesh of a person dying in a car fire, hear the screams of a person dying, seen a person hanging from a rope after suicide, etc. No.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
quote:
I don’t even know what suicide by cager means.
It's supposed to be an insulting term but it falls flat because most people don't know what it means. So much for being clever.

It's a term used by motorcyclists to try to counter the contempt motorists have for the irresponsible behavior of people on motorbikes, but it's just silly, as if using an automobile as a conveyance is antiquated and weird. That's really stupid.

Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
This was earlier today, or yesterday. The news anchor doesn't really act concerned for her.
She could actually be hurt but not realizing it due to adrenalin and shock.

Posts: 11860 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't stand the "this video may be disturbing" and the video barely shows anything except some fuzzy guy and some gunshots and some fuzzy guy falling down. It's not disturbing if there is nothing it in that you can actually see that would be disturbing.

Now a close up of the cop with the shotgun putting down the thug with a slug to the head? That might be "disturbing", but I wouldn't lose one minute of sleep over it.

If they are going to call it disturbing, it better be disturbing for real.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post