SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Three of five home invaders killed.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Three of five home invaders killed. Login/Join 
Picture of NMPinNYC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter01:
According to the news reporter it was brace yourselves, "A FULLY LOADED" ak47....

Vinyl roof, 8-track, AC, white sidewall tires, everything: you name it. Fully loaded.

"Diamond in the back, sun roof top, diggin' the scene with a gangster lean, ooohh hoooo..."

Best regards,
Nick.

NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor

Posts: 710 | Location: Back in northern NJ/NY State Catskills | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
M-1 Garand and three clips for me.

With or without the bayonet?

Of course I've got one, but it makes the overall package too long for Home Defense. I just keep it handy to finish them off with, Guadalcanal-style.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9144 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:

I loved the Garand when I carried them. Accurate, long range, etc. For the question of 5 guys invading my home, AR15, 30 round magazine loaded with 72 grain hollow points.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:

I loved the Garand when I carried them. Accurate, long range, etc. For the question of 5 guys invading my home, AR15, 30 round magazine loaded with 72 grain hollow points.

Back-to-back 30rd mags are even gooderer.

Posts: 11315 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NMPinNYC:
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter01:
According to the news reporter it was brace yourselves, "A FULLY LOADED" ak47....

Vinyl roof, 8-track, AC, white sidewall tires, everything: you name it. Fully loaded.

"Diamond in the back, sun roof top, diggin' the scene with a gangster lean, ooohh hoooo..."

Solid song. There's a bunch of us old guys on this forum.

Posts: 8614 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.foxnews.com/us/tex...vasion-officials-say

"The homeowner appears to have defended himself," Houston Police Department homicide detective Travis Miller told KTRK-TV.

A shootout then took place between the groups , according to police.

"We have multiple, multiple shell casings from several different types of guns ," Miller said.

The homeowner was not injured

Posts: 19564 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:

Back-to-back 30rd mags are even gooderer.

How much gooderer are 10? Cool

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
By back to back, he is referring to two mags, duct taped together. 60 rounds, but the front end gets heavy.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Are those bullet holes in the yellow house in the background? Hard to tell looking at my phone screen.

Leaves on a tree branch, I think. Leaves don't all fall off uniformly in Texas' version of cold weather.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
I dunno know... who happens to have an AK at the ready, JUST in case there's a home invasion?

Fact: Criminals knowing that running into an AK or AR is a strong possibility is the only reason why they stay clear of rural homes. I suppose the same is becoming more true for city folk as well.
Or maybe should be . . . .

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
“Following the shooting, the suspects fled from the scene.”

As they usually do.
Assuming they can, of course.

I reckon some of 'em "fled" in an ambulance, or maybe a hearst.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
"The homeowner appears to have defended himself," Houston Police Department homicide detective Travis Miller told KTRK-TV.

gee, ya think DiNozzo?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned/Thief
posted Hide Post
i wish someone would try to rob me, it'll be a chance for human target practice.

Posts: 92 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 31, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zeus007:
i wish someone would try to rob me, it'll be a chance for human target practice.

Ok, Rambo.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

WTF?

Posts: 80 | Registered: July 21, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Ok, Rambo.

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:

Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Good grief...are those numbers all marking shell casings? Did someone fire up Old Painless in East Houston?

quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:

My GOSH! That's a lot of markers!

quote:
From the linked article:

In the exclusive interview, the man added he saw two other guys in the front of the home, on the ground.

"I heard around five or six gunshots. I'm pretty sure there were more before that," he said.

Maybe a few more than five or six...?

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Damn, I'm late to the WTF Confused party. Frown

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:
Good grief...are those numbers all marking shell casings? Did someone fire up Old Painless in East Houston?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post