SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Buh Bye Brian - CNN Cancels Reliable Sources — Brian Stelter is a goner
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buh Bye Brian - CNN Cancels Reliable Sources — Brian Stelter is a goner Login/Join 
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8910 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Looks like CNN is cleaning house. A few more and maybe they can start thinking of salvaging some credibility. Some...

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
They need to get rid of Lemon head, also. But I won't hold my breath, because of diversity, you know.

Q

Posts: 26419 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The new owner would like to get ratings and make money. Shareholders invest to make money. This is something businesses used to understand.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Well that’s a bit of a bright spot in my day - not enough to make me ever watch CNN again but it’s nice to see another one of them fail

Posts: 53193 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
They need to get rid of Lemon head, also. But I won't hold my breath, because of diversity, you know.

He may actually be on the chopping block from the rumors I'm hearing. Jim Acosta likely doesn't have long at CNN either; he's expected to be next.

quote:
Reliable Sources is the longest-running show on CNN; Stelter has hosted it for the past nine years and celebrated its 30th anniversary in March.

30 years on the air, and Stelter comes along and just burns it to the ground, so much so that CNN knows that even a new host wouldn't be able to salvage it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bye Felicia.

Posts: 586 | Location: Helena, AL | Registered: July 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:
Who is Brian Stelter? Wink

I think he has a brother named Alka. Could be something else?

Posts: 9159 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
It's a damaged brand. CNN needs to go away.

Posts: 15033 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good riddance. Reliable Sources used to be a good show back when Howard Kurtz was the host (hard to believe it's been 9 years since then). When Stelter started out it wasn't so bad, but once the whole network became infected with TDS it went downhill fast along with everything else. I used to be a CNN junkie until then, but I won't ever go back.

Posts: 2486 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look for Stelter on the Home Shopping Network.

Posts: 1453 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2PAK:
Look for Stelter on the Home Shopping Network.
Stelter's Stealthy Stinkhole Stoppers (aka Brian's Buttplugs) and Daring Double Dong Dildos will sell like hotcakes!

And don't forget that Krispy Kreme-flavored Motion Lotion, the most sensual (and delicious) sex lubricant on the market!

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107625 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jim Acosta likely doesn't have long at CNN either; he's expected to be next.

I can only hope this is true. I have always felt that Jim Acosta is the most loathsome vile person on television. Don Lemon and the other opinion hosts on CNN and MSNBC aren't even a close second to this dirt bag. You may recall that some years ago when Acosta was a White House correspondent Trump called on Acosta. Trump answered his question, then even briefly answered a follow up question. Acosta then tried to ask a third question as another follow up. Trump responded that he had answered his question and was moving on. Acosta actually got into a tug of war with the young lady who was trying to hand the microphone to another news person.

But that's not the thing that bothers me most about Acosta. What bothers me the most is that he claims to be a straight up news man, rather than a far left lunatic fringe Trump hating, Republican and Conservative hating piece of shit that he really is. So I hope new management at CNN gets rid of this fraud.

Posts: 1054 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Jim Acosta is a marxist tool, he needs to be gone next !!

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
He would be 3rd or 4th in the line of cable tv program hosts I’d like to hear lost their jobs. I guess if I’m honest, all I ever heard from him were short clips Tucker played from time-to-time. Little victories

Posts: 13274 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
From a Fox news story...
https://www.foxnews.com/media/...rces-host-shown-door

quote:
"Brian Stelter is one of the most embarrassing legacies of Jeff Zucker, and it’s no surprise he’s one of the first people the new regime has fired. But canning Stelter is just CNN shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic," the insider told Fox News Digital.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This was a great thread to begin my day. Yep, get rid of Acosta and Lemon. Unfortunately Mr potato head will land on his feet. There are enough left wing outlets that will hire him.

Posts: 124 | Location: Oro Valley, Arizona | Registered: January 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
So Brian Stelter winds up at ....... Harvard’s Kennedy School of government.

"The Walter Shorenstein Media and Democracy Fellowship brings high-profile figures at the forefront of media, politics, and public policy to Harvard’s Kennedy School to work with students, faculty, scholars and the public on important issues of the moment. As the Walter Shorenstein Fellow, Stelter will convene a series of discussions about threats to democracy and the range of potential responses from the news media. These discussions with media leaders, policy makers, politicians, and Kennedy School students, fellows, and faculty will help deepen public and scholarly understanding about the current state of the information ecosystem and its impacts on democratic governance."

https://hotair.com/david-strom...rd-of-course-n495892

Is there any real net advantage of Harvard to our country ? The Harvard endowment is over 50 Billion dollars. It is more like a huge financial enterprise than a highly valuable place of learning.

Posts: 19584 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
I'm not the first to say it but the value of Ivy League schools is the screening process and the networking appeal. Not even the brightest student could read all the books at a JC on any subject and they certainly can't at Harvard.

That Ive pedigree carries a lot of weight in the Ivy League circles but it's not a indicator that someone is smarter than a graduate of a four year public college.

Posts: 4083 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
So Brian Stelter winds up at ....... Harvard’s Kennedy School of government.

And people wonder why academia is in the shitter- they hire moronic schlubs like Stelter.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16708 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post