SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Immigration in the last 100 years
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Immigration in the last 100 years Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted
Eek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...rTM&feature=emb_logo

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16706 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting. And eye-opening. Thanks for posting.

Posts: 2694 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Wow.

Posts: 15031 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
100 years ago, the Philippines were a U.S. territory, and Puerto Rico still is. In other words, a) not immigrants before 7/4/1946, and b) not immigrants, period. Americans.

Aside from those relatively small bitched: Agreed. Wow.

Posts: 2466 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
I'm betting that graph is just legal immigration.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
I'm betting that graph is just legal immigration.

My assumption as well.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16706 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post