SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Google's Gemini AI Blasted For Eliminating White People From Image Searches
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Google's Gemini AI Blasted For Eliminating White People From Image Searches Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Musk's Grok AI FTW. It doesn't do this stuff.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It's fine people...Google "missed the mark" here Roll Eyes

Another case of "we are sorry we got caught"

https://x.com/Google_Comms/sta...603321944121506?s=20

Posts: 33980 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let's do something about it. For all of your google searches add in: Google is racist.

For example: Preston Hood Chevrolet Google is racist.

You will still get your results, but you add in a trend. If enough people do it, it might make a difference.

Posts: 688 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Good ol' Pressed On Hood...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43972 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xd45man:
Let's do something about it. For all of your google searches add in: Google is racist.

For example: Preston Hood Chevrolet Google is racist.

You will still get your results, but you add in a trend. If enough people do it, it might make a difference.

I like this idea.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21152 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15752 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Google projecting in the digital sphere what they want done with actual white people in reality.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, look on the bright side...

Since George Washington is now "black", the left will quit trying to cancel him and stop trying to rename all of the schools, buildings and streets named after him...Right?

Posts: 589 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ranger312:
Well, look on the bright side...

Since George Washington is now "black", the left will quit trying to cancel him and stop trying to rename all of the schools, buildings and streets named after him...Right?

You kidding? They'll just accuse him of wearing black face.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30511 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
WTF Google!? Hhahhahaha

We wuz Wehrmacht.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21152 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, boy. Fuckin' asshole. I love the virtue-signalling stupidity about having crying fits for 24 hours after voting for Biden/Harris. This cat ain't all there. Seriously, there is something wrong with this boy, and now you know why Gemini produces such racist content: GIGO.

‘White privilege is fucking real’: Google Gemini product lead’s old tweets allegedly resurface amid ‘woke’ AI image fiasco

A top Google executive responsible for the “absurdly woke” AI chatbot Gemini has come under fire after allegedly declaring in tweets that “white privilege is f—king real” and America is rife with “egregious racism.”

The politically charged tweets allegedly made by Jack Krawczyk, the senior director of product for Gemini Experiences, resurfaced on X on Thursday — a day after The Post reported on Gemini’s strange habit of generating “diverse” images that were historically or factually inaccurate when users asked for pictures of Vikings or America’s Founding Fathers.

By Thursday afternoon, Krawczyk had set his X account to private and scrubbed any mention of Google or his role at the company from his account bio.

Krawczyk, 40, has set his X feed to a private setting, but screenshots of his purported tweets, most of them made before he was hired by Google in 2020, revealed a distinctly ultra-progressive bias.

“White privilege is fucking real,” Krawczyk allegedly wrote in one tweet dated April 13, 2018, according to screenshots of the post circulating on X. “Don’t be an asshole and act guilty about it – do your part in recognizing bias at all levels of egregious.”

On Jan. 20, 2021, Krawczyk allegedly referred to President Biden’s inaugural address as “one of the greatest ever” for “acknowledging systemic racism” and “reiterating the American ideal is the dream for the world but we need to work on ourselves to earn it.”

In another post from Oct. 21, 2020 – apparently after he voted against Donald Trump in the presidential election – Krawczyk allegedly wrote: “I’ve been crying in intermittent bursts for the past 24 hours since casting my ballot. Filling in that Biden/Harris line felt cathartic.”

The Polish-born tech savant also allegedly described America as a place “where racism is the #1 value our populace seeks to uphold above all” and declared that “we obviously have egregious racism in this country” in other screenshots that made the rounds on social media.

Efforts to reach Krawczyk directly were not immediately successful.

Google temporarily disabled Gemini’s image generation tool Thursday after the kerfuffle, with Krawczyk admitting in a statement that it was “missing the mark” by producing revisionist images.

Google declined to comment on the tweets and referred to the company’s earlier statement on its decision to “pause” Gemini’s image generation tool.

Critics were quick to suggest that Krawczyk’s alleged personal bias had contributed to Gemini’s penchant for prioritizing “diverse” outputs over accuracy.

“The head of Google’s Gemini AI everyone. And you wonder why it discriminates against white people,” said @LeftismForU, an account that compiled many of the screenshots.

“Woke, race obsessed idiot is in charge of product at Gemini,” declared Ian Miles Cheong, an influencer who frequently interacts with Elon Musk on X.

Musk personally weighed in on the tweets, describing the Google employee as an “asshole” and a “racist douchenozzle.”

Musk also shared The Post’s cover story on Gemini’s bizarre images, writing: “The woke mind virus is killing Western Civilization. Google does the same thing with their search results. Facebook & Instagram too. And Wikipedia.”

Krawczyk was described as Google AI’s “teacher” in a Men’s Health profile from last December.

The Post couldn’t immediately verify the authenticity of every screenshot, but the alleged tweets have certainly gone viral.

A search for the phrase “Jack Krawczyk white privilege” produced his now-viral thread as the first result.

When the bizarre behavior of Gemini’s image generation tool surfaced on Wednesday, Krawczyk was the first Google employee to weigh in on the matter – declaring in a statement that his team was “working to improve these kinds of depictions immediately.”

“Gemini’s AI image generation does generate a wide range of people. And that’s generally a good thing because people around the world use it. But it’s missing the mark here,” Krawczyk told The Post.

Since Google does not publish the model that governs the Gemini chatbot’s behavior, it is difficult to pin down the exact cause that led the software to invent diverse versions of historical figures and events.

Google’s “training process” with human input is one plausible explanation for the behavior, according to Fabio Motoki, a lecturer at the UK’s University of East Anglia who co-authored a paper last year that found a noticeable left-leaning bias in ChatGPT.

“Remember that reinforcement learning from human feedback (RLHF) is about people telling the model what is better and what is worse, in practice shaping its ‘reward’ function – technically, its loss function,” Motoki told The Post.

“So, depending on which people Google is recruiting, or which instructions Google is giving them, it could lead to this problem.”

Krawczyk has been a Google employee for four years. He previously worked on the Google Assistant program, according to his LinkedIn account.

Before coming to Google, he held roles at WeWork, where he served as vice president of product management, as well as VSCO and United Masters.

Posts: 107914 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
It would be interesting of Musk purchased Google next.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17356 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
It would be interesting of Musk purchased Google next.

I don’t believe they would let him purchase any other big tech company.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37126 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Good ol' Pressed On Hood...

Pres was a good guy. Had a couple trips with him. Always treated me well. Saw him at the dentist a couple weeks before he passed…..

Posts: 1233 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Starryai gave this for “white guys playing. Asker all. I guess AI just can’t resist…

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15661 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/bindureddy.../1760661576376623323

Here is how Gemini Gate most likely happened….

A handful of employees who write the system prompts and are in charge of nerfing LLMs can impose their morality, bias and their version of history on the rest of us

These employees are so “holier than thou” that questioning those biases or their actions results in professional suicide in big tech! So no one dares ask any hard questions!

Absolute power corrupts absolutely and usually it manifests itself in small pockets of a large organization that have disproportionate influence on important aspects of products.

That’s pretty much what happened here!

That being said, given this big uproar, some of the most egregious issues that Gemini has will be fixed but these employees will never stop exerting their power, bias and influence in subtle ways!

Even worse, they consider it their moral obligation to do so!

There is no getting away from the woke mind virus and the biased versions of reality, if you use these chatbots!

The only option is open source or adopting a unapologetically uncensored LLM chatbot that reflects reality not distorts it!

Gemini will never be one.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I have relatives who worked for Google, one at a fairly high level. For reasons unclear to me, they both left, and the husband posts in his LinkedIn account that he's not interested in working for any social media company. They are both staunch Leftists.

BTW I think Parabellum's classic GIGO acronym must be updated to "Google In - Google Out". Or maybe "Google In - garbage Out".

Posts: 18128 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33980 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
AI terrifies me. It allows the mores of the organization producing it to direct thought. Much like the depiction of black nazis. Moreso, it can create, out of thin air, videos and audio of compromising nature implicating a wholly innocent individual.

Posts: 4031 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The people who program this shitbot are insane. Literally insane. Some day, they will have to be dealt with.

https://twitter.com/DavidRozad.../1761340737411547307