SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Getting eaten alive on my porch....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Getting eaten alive on my porch.... Login/Join 
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikito:
Time for a screened in porch?

Screens don't mean nothin to noseeums. They fly through the mesh.

Posts: 27185 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
These are not flying, they are only getting below the knees really

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
noseeums are ankle biters at least for me, nasty little sting of a bite, unlike a mosquito bite.

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
noseeums are ankle biters at least for me, nasty little sting of a bite, unlike a mosquito bite.

that's it

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:

Does long pants stop the problem? If yes, then it's tiny flying insects. If no, then probably fleas or chiggers. Chiggers would be less likely if you were going straight from the house to the porch and getting bitten, I think. I believe they like to hang out in grass/ground cover/plants, and grab onto passersby, whereas a flea can wait on a hard surface and jump on you.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
Do the bites look like these chigger bites?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23692 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
we have them sometimes on our back deck
small as in tiny beetle looking things when you can see them,

we have a big umbrella on the deck, and use a fan, as well as one of those OFF type smoke coils (Walmart sells a cheaper version that works as well)

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10594 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post