SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cities suing opioid makers want to add 25,000 US cities to suit
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cities suing opioid makers want to add 25,000 US cities to suit Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Have municipalities ever thought outside the box? It is just a money grab.

All state mandated, taxpayer funded. The state legislature wants "criminal justice reform" but it is never anything other than "we're going to make a whole lot of felonies into misdemeanors and the communities can just suffer because we say we can't afford to house the law breakers. Simple solution- Make it legal"

Communities are now riddled with meth and heroin. The one constant is the higher number of drug arrests, the lower the rest of part 1 crimes. Just about anywhere you live, if you leave your car unlocked, it will be gone through. We are hemorrhaging guns in the last couple of years because people leave their cars unlocked with guns in them. These guns are turning up in heavy numbers at crime scenes.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad I dont live in Kentucky. I hear the worst is West Virginia in terms of drug related crime.

Posts: 17242 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BTW where do they send Kentucky cops who develop an addiction to alcohol? Do they go to the same place as US congressmen and NFL athletes? Those folks have higher rates of addiction than the general population.

Posts: 17242 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
BTW where do they send Kentucky cops who develop an addiction to alcohol? Do they go to the same place as US congressmen and NFL athletes? Those folks have higher rates of addiction than the general population.

Usually for what I see it they go to whoever is in the employer's EAP network.

I highly doubt there are any athletes hanging out there.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Usually for what I see it they go to whoever is in the employer's EAP network.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yep. And does the Department hold their job for them? I would also bet the Department does not give them 25 chances to get clean either.

Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoinRoller:
People need to return to taking responsibility for their actions, and stop blaming everyone else. Government should also get the hell out, totally, of the Dr./Patient relationship. This situation is so screwed up, which is the eventual and inevitable result from government intervention.

My thoughts exactly, well stated.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post