SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hey Signified, how about some Salish Sea Pix?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hey Signified, how about some Salish Sea Pix? Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
Haven't seen you post in a while. Hope all is well. I always love your pix of the Salish Sea.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19194 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
May be a case of "twisted thong syndrome" ...

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Manners

Posts: 107627 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
Truth.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No, your response, if any at all, should be "Sorry" or "I apologize" or "Understood".

Mind your manners

Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
Copy

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You think I'm kidding with you? Cut it out.

Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
Fuck you ...

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You're not my type.

See ya, bright boy.

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old dino:
Fuck you ...

Holy cow! What the heck type of response is this and the previous ones from someone who has been on here for a good while? Geez!

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
There's a history here that most of you don't know. There's bad blood between Signified and the newly-banned member. They met and they don't like each other.

Afterwards there was friction between them in the forum. Privately, I told both of them to keep it out of here.

Signified hasn't posted since the night of the Superbowl, when I lost my cool over people posting about an event I find that has become racist and completely anti-American, but that's a separate matter. Signified got a public apology from me, and either he didn't see it or doesn't accept it. That's his business.

Now comes a thread where Signified is being called upon but is almost certainly not going to post in it because he likely doesn't see it, and what does old dino do? He chooses to use this thread to take a shot at Signified, which in itself is a chickenshit thing to do, but on top of that, he was defying my directive to keep the squabble out of the forum.

I told him to mind his manners and he told me- with his rude one word response- that what he was saying was "the truth" and you can see the rest from there.

I don't give a Goddamn if a man wants to get a little tipsy on a Sunday afternoon, but if his lack of impulse control gets him banned, it's on him, not me.

He was rude when he entered the thread, he was defiant with me, he was being flippant with his stupid one word answers, and now he's gone, and if when he wakes up tomorrow, sober, and realizes what he's done, he would be wasting his time contacting me to apologize, because I am not going to tolerate a fully grown man who damn well knows better, acting like a petulant teenager, and he is gone for good.

You can't beat a man at his own game and you don't get the last word here, and if you try swinging your dick, you're going to end up stepping on it, because I will not tolerate this kind of silly shit.

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
There's a history here that most of you don't know.

Figured there was more to this.

What happened to how my dad raised me? “Treat others the way you would like to be treated.” I try to live by that.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I always liked Signified and wondered where he'd been. He was a pretty good handicapper and I could tell he liked to wager.

Hat tip para for the backstory. Pretty wild - classic fuck around & find out Big Grin

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Shoot, I guess some of this is my fault. I always liked Signified's post and hoped he was ok.

Obviously I remember the SB thread. But did not think it was tied to his not posting lately. That one I missed completely.

Thanks Para for clarifying some of it.

I would help he will check back in when ready.

Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I spoke with Kevin, he’s doing well. Planning a trip with a friend to Portugal, and dabbling with building a guitar. Things are going well for Mr. SIGnified.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4026 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fuck you ...

wow drunk posting at 7AM, is that a SF record?

Posts: 23481 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Nice, thanks Beancooker.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Fuck you ...

quote:
posted May 21, 2023 07:04 PM

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24130 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
There is only one person responsible for the banishment of old dino, and that's old dino.

He had no business posting in this thread. He had been warned to avoid anything in the forum to do with Signified. Not only did he ignore my directive, his intent was obvious with his silly remark, and when I said it was chickenshit thing to do, it was very much that. There is no doubt that he knew Signified has not posted for months, so he took his little shot knowing full well that Signified would not push back, which, if he were still around, he would have done.

He thought I wouldn't object to his remark because he saw how it came to be that Signified left the forum, so, old dino's appearance in this thread was cowardly.

I know that old dino feels as if he had been treated unfairly by Signified. old dino took the man to task for something which was none of his business and he got bitten for his miscalculation. If you ask old dino, he'll tell you that he was just trying to be helpful. He'll also tell you that he was told by someone in the past that I showed preferential treatment towards Signified. In terms of the administration of this forum, that is simply not true, and therefore, when Signified had a dustup with old dino, there was no preferential treatment towards either member.

I had solicited Signified some time ago for assistance with a project which never came to fruition, but the fairly extensive correspondence between us does not equate to a get-out-of-jail-free card in this forum, and it never will, not for any member. In terms of mediating issues between members, I strive to be as fair as possible. There is no "good ol' boy network" here.

It comes down to this, guys: old dino screwed up the moment he posted anything in this thread. He screwed up further with the particular snarky remark he posted. He continued the screw-up by responding to my mild prodding with push-back, and he screwed the pooch all the way with his response to my telling him how things would be.

So, the bottom line is, any active member who is unwilling to accept my word as the final word on any matter dealing with this forum, shouldn't bother posting. Despite what some of you may think, I do not take lightly the banishment of any member of this forum. If you get the boot, you damn well asked for it.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Fuck you ...

quote:
posted May 21, 2023 07:04 PM

Gonna have to get my glasses checked, swore I saw AM... LOL Well, Drunk posting at 4 pm WST

Posts: 23481 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post