SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How do we prepare for impending anti-2nd amendment actions?

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
How do we prepare for impending anti-2nd amendment actions? Login/Join 
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted
I’m sure some sort of anti-2nd amendment action will be coming down the pipeline soon. Possible bans to online sales, taxes on guns/mags/ammo, or NFA type registration for all firearms/30-round mags. I don't want to obsess over what might happen, I want to discuss what we should be doing.

So assuming you have already purchased what you needed when times were good, now it’s just a matter of keeping what you have without getting into legal trouble. So what can we proactively do now to prepare for this?

During the Trump administration the Progressives were very effective in using the Judicial system to issue stays on orders they didn’t like. Can we use the same class action lawsuit approach with the help of a firearms industry group like the National Shooting Sports Foundation? Who would file these lawsuits and how can we support them?

Do some of the conceal carry insurance companies such as USCCA offer legal assistance that could help in a case such as this?

How can we help convince our local LEOs to protect the 2nd Amendment rights of locals against an overreaching fed.gov?

If there are a half dozen ATF agents at your front door wanting to know why you didn’t register any firearms then it’s too late. I’d rather not have “comply now or be martyred in front of my family” as my only two choices.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Report This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
This forum discourages the spread of fear, uncertainty, and doubt.

This is not the first time a democrat has been in office. It will not be the last. Nothing will happen beyond what normally happens at its typical glacial speeds.

This thread will likely be locked shortly. I leave my answer here, so that you and others may understand why.

Edit to add: To actually answer the question though, what can be done should already have been done--vote for those who would represent your interests, donate money to the organizations that lobby for your rights, and otherwise comply with the law.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
There should be no new threads on the "incoming administration"

You'll just be wasting your time, as I'm going to delete any such threads the instant I see them, even the ones like this, because these threads won't stay lighthearted, will they?

Those of you who have failed to heed my advice to read all my posts- well some of you are going to have rough start to the new year in this forum, because you may very well walk into a buzzsaw.

AGAIN- keep the negative shit out of here- all this depressing "they're going to ban everything" nonsense. And do not reduce our predicament to some Goddamned meaningless hashtag and then post it in this forum.

-Para

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54642 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Good Luck confiscating, buying back and/or registering 150 Million perfectly legal Modern Sporting Rifles....They'd better REALLY want them!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8887 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Report This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Spider hole?

Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
quote:
I want to discuss what we should be doing.

Spreading fear and doubt is the last thing on my mind, I apologize if that's how this post reads because that's certainly not my intention. Was simply looking to discuss proactive ideas of which groups such as NSSF would be good to join/support in our current environment.

I can see that this thread is against Para's directives which Bendable quoted. Apologies again, did not intend to cause any extra work. I'd delete it myself if I could.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Report This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
This isn't a bad thread. I think what he is asking is valid. I've been asking myself what can we really do to stop all this nonsense. WE must take actions to change voting in general. Eliminate mail in, require ID, everything necessary to prevent fraud. Where to start? They have their cheating system so firmly entrenched it's gonna be a lot of work. I don't want to feel helpless. I want to fix it..NOW. We are and have been suffering from slow death by a thousand cuts. Where and how do we instill the cuts on them to change things in mass?

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Report This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Demand our representatives resist any such legislation. And refuse to comply.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
If you are not prepared now, the best you can do is roll with the tide. Last time we were in this position I was ill prepared. When things eventually relaxed during the middle of DJT’s term, when you couldn’t build an AR for as cheaply as you could buy one, I stocked up on everything. Everything. When this all blows itself out, I recommend you do the same and advise others to do the same.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
OMG, STFU.

You're not gonna go out in a blaze a glory with ATF agents.

You'd comply and carry on.

Best thing you can do to prepare is buy a GD alphabet book so you can learn to read the fucking room.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Report This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
I will not comply. I will resist. That being said I don't have a palette of cocaine in my basement that I sell to school kids so I seriously doubt the three letter guys will be looking for me and my toys. I don't know anyone who gave up there silly bump stocks. I ain't about to give up anything I own. Democrats have decided that some federal laws don't work for them. So, I'm not sure the ATF regs really apply to me. Oh Yeah, stock up. I have learned much from this forum about stocking up and put it to good use. I'm good to go for the better part of the next decade.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Report This Post