SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    some companies are dumping thier ads from Sean Hannity's show, they are dead to me now!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

some companies are dumping thier ads from Sean Hannity's show, they are dead to me now! Login/Join 
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted
Carsdotcom is dead to me for starters! As they dump Sean, I will dump them! I pulled this story randomly, funny comments for sure! I apologize for not posting the text, the article wont let me copy and paste.

http://deadline.com/2017/05/ca...s-murder-1202101845/

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
This was discussed somewhat in the Trump thread, page 285.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...5/m/4520048714/p/285

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24172 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What's the justification for this? What exactly is Hannity doing that's so wrong? He's following a story. What's the problem?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107725 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
My bad, I did not look there for this although I did do a search with no results. I guess almost anything could be tied to Trump so I guess I should look their first.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I don't know what the problem is, but cars dot com has a problem with him, so I have a problem with them.

Beth Greene

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
What's the justification for this? What exactly is Hannity doing that's so wrong? He's following a story. What's the problem?

He's the last of the original Foxes still there fighting the commies. They want to clean house.

Q

Posts: 26476 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I understand that. I'm asking about the rationale they're using.

Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
They're trying to shut down anyone who doesn't sing from the same choir book, and the current tactic is to pressure advertisers to decamp by threatening boycotts.

Too bad the advertisers don't realize that these boycotts usually backfire. USAA is already taking fire from vets for pulling out.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
They're trying to shut down anyone who doesn't sing from the same choir book, and the current tactic is to pressure advertisers to decamp by threatening boycotts.
Yes, I understand this. I am asking about their stated rationale.

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
“Cars.com’s media buy strategies are designed to reach as many consumers as possible across a wide spectrum of media channels,” the company said in a statement. “The fact that we advertise on a particular program doesn’t mean that we agree or disagree, or support or oppose, the content. We don’t have the ability to influence content at the time we make our advertising purchase.”

“In this case, we’ve been watching closely and have recently made the decision to pull our advertising from Hannity,” Cars.com said in its statement, first obtained by Buzzfeed.

Exercise outfit Peloton came to the came conclusion, tweeting it had directed its media agency to stop advertising on Sean Hannity’s show, though it would take “a few days” to take effect.

And ThinkProgress received a forwarded response from e-commerce mattress company Leesa Sleep, telling a customer they no longer would run ads in the program. Not long therafter, Casper beds joined Leesa, doorbell company Ring nixed the Hannity ad buy, and Crowne Plaza Hotels did likewise.

For days, Hannity, and Fox News had aggressively pitched the theory DNC staffer Seth Rich’s murder was ordered by political operatives, aka Democrats, in retaliation for leaking DNC emails to WikiLeaks. Police have said Rich’s unsolved murder was a case of robbery gone awry.

Fox News retracted the story on Tuesday, explaining in a statement about the article it had up for days: “The article was not initially subjected to the high degree of editorial scrutiny we require from all our reporting.”

On his show on Tuesday night, Hannity announced “out of respect for the family’s wishes, for now” he would stop peddling the story “at this time.” But, he told his viewers, “Please do not interpret what I’m saying tonight to mean anything. Don’t read into this. I promise you I’m not going to stop doing my job. To the extent of my ability, I am not going to stop trying to find the truth.”
Bolded

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6220 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Haven't really seen anything "stated" as such, but it certainly confirms the stories that the leftist are going to attack all conservative news sources using Saul Alinskis methods, if you can't beat the enemy in battle, then attack their monetary support system. It doesn't matter how you achieve a goal, just that you do.

We need to contact the advertisers and let them know that conservative still support them, but if they pull out, we'll drop purchasing their services and goods,

The end result is, zero advertising with anyone on either side as corporations look to remain profitable and not in the fray, it's simply a scare tactic to divert money away from the conservative market...

I'd boycot their stuff but I don't buy skinny jeans, lattes, birkenstocks and trendy IPA beer.

The responses are starting up at cars.com's facebook page, post there that they are losing your business and future business, and will let any of your dealer friends know that they won't be getting leads from any conservatives purchasing cars through cars. com.

https://www.facebook.com/CarsDotCom/

btw most of my industry insider friends report that dealers hate cars.com as they take every email address of someone registered and compare it to dealer sales lists, if you email is there and they match cars.com bills the dealer, even if the lead wasn't generated by cars.com or the reason for purchase.

Posts: 23576 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What I'm trying to get across here is that it makes no sense for advertisers to start abandoning the guy unless the people who vow these boycotts say something like the following:

"Sean Hannity persists in his airing of the Seth Rich murder story, and we feel this is wrong because of _________________, therefore and for this reason, we are going to boycott your company."

Fill in the blank, please. What is the stated rationale? I understand what they're trying to do and I understand the specific reasons they are trying to do it. I am asking for their stated reasons for this crap, and lacking any such reasons, it makes no sense for advertisers to bail. Or are these companies just waking up to this decade in America? Brand new world for them, is it? They weren't aware until last week that for months, half of this country has been throwing a nonstop tantrum over our lawfully elected POTUS?

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
You have to wonder, my guess is they are getting hammered on social media and in the email of people saying they are not going to use their product that they feel are in their market zone.

For a company to react like this is strange, either there are a bazillion people hitting them with negative messages, or, the core belief of the executives at Cars.com are super left, doesn't make sense though if they were super left they wouldn't have marketed on Hannity to begin with based on principle..

As it stands they just alienated 50% of their market anyway...

Posts: 23576 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Just posted this to the USAA Community Forum:

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16253 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
You have to wonder, my guess is they are getting hammered on social media and in the email of people saying they are not going to use their product that they feel are in their market zone.

It's the same people (likely Soros funded) that bombarded O'Reilly's advertisers and ultimately caused Fox to can him. It's coordinated and obvious. All these advertisers know is that they are getting thousands of callers, emailers, what have you a day saying that they will boycott their products if they don't immediately stop advertising during Hannity's show. They don't know or care why there's a boycott. They only care about numbers (even if they're likely bogus) that show that they might lose money. They're cowards and they're dumb and they're simply pandering to the synchronized, leftist masses.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30431 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
quote:
What I'm trying to get across here is that it makes no sense for advertisers to start abandoning the guy unless the people who vow these boycotts say something like the following:

"Sean Hannity persists in his airing of the Seth Rich murder story, and we feel this is wrong because of _________________, therefore and for this reason, we are going to boycott your company."

Fill in the blank, please. What is the stated rationale? I understand what they're trying to do and I understand the specific reasons they are trying to do it. I am asking for their stated reasons for this crap, and lacking any such reasons, it makes no sense for advertisers to bail. Or are these companies just waking up to this decade in America? Brand new world for them, is it? They weren't aware until last week that for months, half of this country has been throwing a nonstop tantrum over our lawfully elected POTUS?

I could be way off here but I believe it has to do with his talking about the Seth Rich possible connection to the DNC election time leaks that are being blamed on the Russians.

It appears that the GDC's are hell bent on keeping the focus on the Trump Campaign/Russia collusion BS and are trying to spin in that Hannity is just spreading rumors and disrespecting the deceased or something to the effect, are are contacting companies to pull advertising from his show in an attempt to get Fox to get rid of him or for him to at least shit up about it.

That's what I've taken away from it anyway.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Just posted this to the USAA Community Forum:

Excellent response, Bald1! It inspired me to cancel my coverage with USAA and send the following message:

quote:
I have insured through USAA for over 40 years, but am now canceling my USAA insurance and obtaining coverage through the Idaho Farm Bureau.

Why have I decided to cancel after over 40 years of doing business with you, you may ask?

I am leaving USAA because of USAA's spineless decision to abandon Sean Hannity and cave to left-wing "social justice warriors" who seek to muzzle anyone and everyone who does not adhere to their anti-American political philosophy. USAA's action is unacceptable.

I point out that Hannity is a solid supporter of the US military and does NOT deserve to be abandoned by USAA.

I doubt that I am alone in my decision to part ways with USAA.

Who do you think that your market is? The warriors you serve are NOT the "social justice warriors" to whom you caved. What fool made this decision? The backlash is going to be harsh.

Sincerely,

[Sappersteel]
Cell: (xxx) yyy-zzzz

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hannity suggests it's just more political hash slinging by libs. He predicted he'd get focused on when Bill O'Reilly was fired. Boom, his turn now, here it comes. From Chicago Tribune:

quote:
"Media Matters is "targeting my advertisers to silence my voice," Hannity tweeted. "They hope to get me fired. Rush (Limbaugh), O'Reilly, (Glenn) Beck, (Don) Imus and now me." He posted a series of links to articles about Media Matters' funding, and ties to figures reviled by many conservatives, like George Soros and Bill Clinton.

Media Matters denied that it was mounting a pressure campaign focusing on Hannity's advertisers. The organization's president Angelo Carusone said he hadn't spoken to any sponsors. He said he wanted advertisers to be aware of Hannity's "volatility" as part of a general Media Matters campaign to get them to think about advertising on Fox; Media Matters hasn't posted a list of sponsors for any other specific show."

Posts: 1925 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's about nothing more than revenue. The advertisers couldn't care less what Hannity does as long as it doesn't alienate a significant population or enrage some force to be reckoned with that could affect them at the check-out isle. Advertisers aren't looking for a moral or partisan fight. The advertisers will go where viewership goes. Their corporate decisions aren't generally based on partisanship. Generally. And for no other reason. If they had come to show support for Hannity with their ad dollars ... they'd still be there. But that isn't what it's about in corporate America ... generally. That's the way I figure it but am open to speculation about specific advertisers and or their 3rd party manipulators.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hate speech.
The posts on social media are claiming that Hannity is guilty of hate speech, islomophobia, lgbt123-phobia, and the usual vague and baseless accusations.
There were no actual grievances listed anywhere I have looked.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post