SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Boston Dynamics Robot leaps up stairs, backflips
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boston Dynamics Robot leaps up stairs, backflips Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
Looks like its a first gen future Terminator...

Able to leap boxes with a single step:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVz7K-K-5EI

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRj34o4hN4I

Posts: 23495 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grab SKS,
go innawoods
Picture of mrmoneybags
posted Hide Post
So what's the plan here?

I feel that without man-portable rail guns, we're fucked.

Posts: 1913 | Location: 42003 | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think I can do enough cardio to give me a running chance in hell. I'm fk'd!

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Skynet is fully operational. Yeah, we are toast. Eek

Q

Posts: 26424 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I may have to rethink my stocking requirements for green tips.

Posts: 10850 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
We're probably going to regret this one day.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Yeah, we're screwed in the long run! Really cool stuff though.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
Do you want Cylons?

Because this is how you get Cylons.

This has all happened before...

Posts: 1604 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
No need for the meteor. We’re gonna get Armageddon done ourselves...complete with a chrome kit and extra batteries.

Posts: 6307 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I'll hit 'em with an EMP.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29711 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Resistance is futile....

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16102 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
It’s probably a lot of fun taking an expensive (for someone else) gadget like that and trying to get it to do all that. No so much if you’re the engineer responsible for it. Big Grin

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
Oh crap...this is just the start of a slippery slide for us.

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I won’t be worried until they pair it with true AI. A couple of .50’s would take that fella right out of action.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15601 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Three laws safe?

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1288 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Skynet is fully operational. Yeah, we are toast. Eek

Combined with the "Canadian OICW" project that looks like the rifles used by the terminators. Ominously marked "not man fireable."

Posts: 9974 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Good to see that robots can handle stairs now.

Posts: 27970 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OcCurt:
Do you want Cylons?

Because this is how you get Cylons.

Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13507 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
That's nice and all but can it dance?

https://youtu.be/kHBcVlqpvZ8

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18025 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Getting a lot of 500 error messages. I guess the video has been removed?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post