SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Toyota Tundra replacement headlight lense assembly.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Toyota Tundra replacement headlight lense assembly. Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
Help me out here. Mine are shot. I am not going to do any kind of treatment. Also not going to go oem as they are unbelievably expensive.
So I got a price on aftermarket from a shop I trust of $340 installed.
Any thoughts or advice. Is it an easy do for a diy or just go to the shop I trust and let them handle it and bite the bullet at $340?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19196 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Cant speak for a Tundra but I bought after market tail light assembly for the Sig Forum Sienna and it was $62.00. 2 10mm bolts and it slid right out to the rear and unplugs. Toyota tail light assembly would have been very expensive. Amazon should have your headlight assembly at varying prices.

Posts: 17903 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
It would be helpful to know the year model of the vehicle, maybe.

Posts: 26921 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Gen 1mid 2000 dble cab tundra SR5 or TRD. Don't recall at the moment

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Here’s how:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-amURObRT64

Looks like the assemblies are around $100/each

Posts: 26921 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
You can do it... it's not hard.
Shop Amazon and Ebay for the new headlights.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24136 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
This is the drivers side, but this company also has the passenger side available too.

2000-2004 Toyota Tundra Driver Side Headlight

I recently had to replace a turn signal enclosure on my 2001 F150 and bought something similar off Ebay without any issues.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Be careful with some of the cheap Chinese imitations. Some of them you cannot adjust the headlight aim.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3971 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
I have an 03 Tundra and have the plastic lens that got cloudy. I tried the Wipe New lens restoration and the difference was amazing.

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 14011 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, Another shop I use quoted me a decent price for "Eagle eye" replacements they said they have had good luck using.

I told them to go ahead and order. I will report back once done.

Appreciate your guys take on things. It always helps. Smile

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Hope the Eagle Eyes work out. Keep us posted.

If you are like me and tend to get bored, you can get the headlight projectors from an Infinity Q-45 and mount them inside your Tundra assemblies. You may also need a CANBUS harness for this to work properly. The Q-45 projectors need about six inches from the reflector to the lens and have the best light pattern for night driving. Wet sand your lenses down to 1200 grit sandpaper and seal it with a UV protectant polymer.

'Tis only as much fun as you want it to be.

Posts: 9159 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Here’s how:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-amURObRT64

Looks like the assemblies are around $100/each

That is about 100x easier than my 2014 Tundra. Just to change the headlight bulb I had to pull the front grill and pull off a trim piece. One wrong pull and a grill tab is broken and your paying $350 for grill

Posts: 5423 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Help me out here. Mine are shot. I am not going to do any kind of treatment. Also not going to go oem as they are unbelievably expensive.
So I got a price on aftermarket from a shop I trust of $340 installed.
Any thoughts or advice. Is it an easy do for a diy or just go to the shop I trust and let them handle it and bite the bullet at $340?

Not clear what the issue is. Are we talking about cloudy lenses? Despite the experience of one of the posters here, I have not found any of the DIY fixes to be satisfactory. Take it to a detailing shop. They use water and increasingly finer sand paper. A final coat of clearcoat finishes the job. Around here they charge $100 for both sides.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I replaced mine on a Toyota Highlander. You can find replacement fasteners and screws here.

https://www.clipsandfasteners....Assemblies-s/106.htm

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
I am done with the restore gimmicks. Toothpaste, vinegar, sanding, wiping, blah, blah, blah, I know some say they work. Some may, most do not. Gonna replace and hope they last 10 years or better.

posted Hide Post
I had the typical problem of cloudy lenses on my 08 Honda. Looked at the cost of replacing the units with LED or buying amazon traditional lamp units.

I don’t know about gimmicks or the few recommendations about toothpaste. In the end I went with the $20 kit from sylvania. Video on amazon to guide me but it did use 3 different grit sandpaper with water and a paste and a final application of sealant. Dang things look brand new and only took about 30 min of my life.

Posts: 1755 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gonna replace and hope they last 10 years or better.

Give them a very light polish and more importantly a coat of wax each time you do the same for the truck and they will.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12429 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Despite the experience of some, I’ve had tremendous success restoring them myself using the 3M headlight restore kits. Doesn’t really even take that long, probably 45 minutes total time and a $30 investment. They actually look almost like brand new afterwards. The secret is to follow the directions using a high-quality 3M kit with all the various grits of sandpaper and compound. Also, I found a Maguires product that provides a spray on UV protection which should make them last a lot longer than unprotected. I would highly encourage you to give it a shot. Especially if you can replace them anyway. You might be very surprised. By the way, I have a 2005 Toyota tundra double cab.

PS… If you live anywhere near me, I would be happy to do it for you you If you bought the kit and a beer or two. I’m in Asheville, North Carolina.

Made in Texas, in the good ole' U.S. of A.

Posts: 242 | Location: Western North Carolina | Registered: May 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, I am glad some of you have had success. I have tried and while impressed initially it does not last, for me anyways. Both shops do restore. And both said, "nothing beats replacing and there is a time to do it." It is time. Thanks Batex, that is very nice and appreciated too. Treating/coating the new ones is probably a really good idea. Will purse that. Thanks again guys.

Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I replaced the housing of my '03 4Runner. I found them on ebay around $73 if I remember correctly. Fit and finish were good and adjustable. That was around five years ago. I wouldn't hesitate to get another set if I needed to.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post