SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Want to get in an argument with your girlfriend? CL tandem bike ad
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Want to get in an argument with your girlfriend? CL tandem bike ad Login/Join 
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted

Posts: 7471 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I tried canoeing with the wife. Once.

We sold the canoe and bought sit-on plastic kayaks...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15270 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to do Century rides on my Centurion Ironman (100-mile rides, for those not familiar with the phrase).

A family showed up one day with two tandems and a three-seater. Watching that three-seater pull up was like watching the arrival of the Queen Mary! Cool

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9175 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
We have a pretty popular tandem shop near my house, they do rentals, with delivery of tandems & triplets.

I remember talking to the owners, and they mentioned guys that would come in wanting to fast race tandems. The owner would take them around the block & put the customer on the back seat, to give a good idea of what it's like back there at speed. Usually tamed them down bit. I imagine a similar scenario to giving a new shooter an airweight 357Mag for their first shooting experience.

I did a few charity rides years ago, 40-60 miles & there were usually a few experienced tandem riders that cruised by us like we were sitting still.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15372 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
While we're on the subject: If you ever plan on getting laid again, DO NOT get one of these for your wife/GF:

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15487 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Riding a tandem--in the "stoker" or rear position-- is a very personal thing. My wife, who normally is pretty--well, independent, shall we say--does very well as a stoker. My brother OTOH tried to control it from the rear seat and it made it very difficult for me, the "captain" to balance the bike. The stoker has to NOT try to balance, NOT try to control the pedal cadence; just relax and enjoy the view.
My wife now has very fond memories of our tandem rides (haven't ridden our Santana in years now, but plan to update the brakes and tires).

Posts: 18089 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
Several years ago, a guy I work with sold his house, vehicles, quit his job and bought a Tandem.
Him and his wife rode from Minnesota to the tip of South America.
They then flew to New Zealand and then back to the States.
On the way back home, they rode around the Great Lakes.
He's also done many trails, including the PCT and the Appalachian Trail from beginning to end.
Amazing couple and a very focused and determined individual

We hired him right back when he returned about six months later. Years later he was instrumental in getting us back to work after we had a major fire in our plant. Mainly due to his efforts, we had everyone back to work 30 days after the fire.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My girlfriend was WHY I got in an argument with my wife.

Posts: 17147 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
While we're on the subject: If you ever plan on getting laid again, DO NOT get one of these for your wife/GF:

Please explain this...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8391 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
quote:

Please explain this...

Probably has something to do with this...

Posts: 5768 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
quote:

Please explain this...

Kind of like buying her a gym membership for an anniversary present, or telling her the truth if she asks if her ass looks fat in these pants.

Posts: 7471 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post