SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Woodford 17 ff bib issue. Help plz
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Woodford 17 ff bib issue. Help plz Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
So it very sporadically will not turn off all the way. Most of the time it functions fine. Every now and again it won't completely shut off. The handle reaches its shut off position, but some water (maybe a quarter throttle flow) still comes out. Most of the time if I turn it on and off a few times it will shut off. So I do not think the rod is broken. But I really do not know what is up. It is a bit of a chore to turn the water to it off. But if need be I will have to do it. Wondering if it needs to be adjusted some how. Idea's? Thanks guys. t

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19188 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rexles
posted Hide Post
There is no way to adjust the valve. It is possible the screw that holds the bib washer to the stem has backed out and that is hanging up on the seat once in a while when you try to shut it off. Shut off your water, take off the handle, unscrew the hex nut ( packing nut) and pull the stem out and take a look. If the screw is missing that holds the bib washer on, buy turning the water back on it will blow out, but you want to catch it somehow in a bucket.
Put it back together with a little plumbers grease.

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1113 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
High tail it to a big box and get a ball valve. You’ll thank me.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Faucet will not shut off: Water runs or drips out nozzle when the faucet is off
The Valve Seat Rubber (30008) is worn or damaged and needs to be replaced or the Retainer Screw (30009) is loose. (Fig 3) Follow the instructions below on how to remove the Operating Rod. (Fig 4 & 5) If this does not fix the leak, the faucet may have a damaged seat and the faucet will need to be replaced.
www.woodfordmfg.com

Posts: 255 | Location: Stafford, VA | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agreed^^^^ Take a good flashlight and try to see if there is a groove in the seat the washer rides on, if so replace the whole thing.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post