SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Food Related - Do you "Live to Eat" or " Eat to Live"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Food Related - Do you "Live to Eat" or " Eat to Live" Login/Join 
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
How about "Ride To Eat". Riding motorcycles with a group of other riders. Some were singles and some were couples on these rides. Some of these places were not that far distance but by taken out of the way routes it could be 1 or 2 hrs ridding time just to arrive. Some of these places could be passed by when city people are in the area because of the look or area location. The destination had knowledge we were coming and would get a body count so as to be ready when we arrived. Some of these "hole in the wall" places are still some of my favorites. ................. drill sgt.

Posts: 2014 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
Oh, I'm most definitely in the Live to Eat camp.

Posts: 1696 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
I live to eat in that I enjoy my food and like the finer things in life, but I don't care if I miss a meal and often work through meal times. I don't often just eat because it's time to eat, I eat because I want a great meal.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1496 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Eat to live.

Q

Posts: 26427 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Eat to live with a few exceptions, one of them Thanksgiving and the other Christmas.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1866 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Need to add an option....

Best friend eats like a bear! Really scarfs it down.
He is a dawn to dusk working farmer now but even in grade school, after cleaning his plate he would ask for and eat everything left on anyone else's plate around the whole table. If you offer him dessert, he will ask if you have any "real" food instead. Once we went to an all you can eat buffet, the manager ask him to leave.

Funny thing is... he has no sense of taste or smell.
He says he eats to keep from getting hungry.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of a conversation I had a while back where I said that there are two kinds of people...Those that work to live and those that live to work..

I told him I was the former as I tendered my resignation..

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6327 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Eat to live.

I never eat just because it's a certain time. Sometimes I go all day without eating if I'm busy. I eat pretty healthy though I will splurge once in a while.

Posts: 588 | Location: Missouri | Registered: September 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Live to eat. Every meal, I try to enjoy the tastes, textures, etc. Even if its fast food, low brow, high brow food, doesn't matter. I cook 99% of the household meals, food as fuel is not my method.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16710 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Both.
Weekdays are "eat to live". I just eat breakfast and supper. That's it. Busy at work and other things.
Weekends are "live to eat" and I have seriously put away all kinds of food on a given weekend. Grill, smoker or eating bar food. Sometimes a few of them. Add in beer and I kinda lose control eating all kinds of things.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Eat to live

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I am not ever really concerned about eating. I guess you can say I eat to live.

But I love tasty food. I love cooking it and preparing really great meals.

I am fortunate enough to eat until I’m comfortable, and rarely (a couple times in my life) eat until I’m “stuffed”.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4029 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Definitely live to eat. I’m trying to change that though.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5414 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Live to eat. Still gradually getting to a healthy weight but I don’t plan on eating like a bird to do it.

Posts: 3154 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Definitely eat to live. I miss meals all the time if I am busy that day. Just yesterday I was working on my side by side and around 2:00 pm realized I hadn't eaten anything since a piece of toast in the AM. Made a tuna fish sandwich and ate it while I finished up my job.

Funny think is, I love to cook and do most all the cooking in our family. I just don't care if I eat it I guess. Shoot, maybe that's why I only way 160 pounds.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5046 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Both.

I eat foods that taste delicious to me, but have good nutritional value and aren’t too calorific. I consider refined sugar to be poisonous. I strive for a high fiber diet. I’m the only person that I know of that eats rolled oats dry. They have a delish nut-like flavor that way that I don’t get from porridge.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8980 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Perpetual Student
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
Food takes away from time better spent on other things. Lately I've been eating once a day. I never snack. In fact, it would be hard to care less about food. I find it boring. Just give me a pill and let me be on my way.

Posts: 2460 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I love to eat, but I don't live to eat. I sometimes get busy doing something and notice it's 5pm and I've eaten nothing all day.

And there are other times when there's lots of good stuff around and I nosh all day.

Posts: 11392 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Live to eat.

I enjoy good food, I enjoy making good food, and I enjoy being around people who enjoy good food. I appreciate the effort that goes into raising the livestock or, the crop along with the restaurant of any stripe that strives to put out good food. Certainly there are times where I view food as fuel, I will indulge in some fast-food here or, there, and I'm not above a gas station fried chicken or, hole in the wall that serves on paper plates.

Posts: 14663 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Eat to live. I like to eat good food but in my job it's eat when you can.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post