SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    John Lewis of Georgia has Stage IV Pancreatic Cancer
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

John Lewis of Georgia has Stage IV Pancreatic Cancer Login/Join 
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/j...c-cancer-2019-12-29/

This cancer is a real bitch, and by the time it gets this far, only 20% survival rate in first year.

Just a thought, with Stacey Abrams lawsuit now going nowhere, and since she’s from that area, I wonder if she’ll be a candidate to succeed him?

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I think replacement congress-critters require a special election, unlike our recent Senate replacement that is appointed by the Governor to fill until the next election.
He serves in a district that elects people like himself that are exclusively Democrat and often not of the highest caliber, much like the constituents of the district.
Just think Hank "Guam" Johnson.

Posts: 9514 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Yes, I know that House of Reps folks have to have a “special election” to fill vacancies, as different from Senate vacancies. As I don’t follow and don’t know much about Georgia politics, I’d have to think that the Georgia Dem Party would use this potential vacancy as a “consolation“ to her loss in the recent Governor’s race.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I never liked him, but with a Republican Governor in Georgia, he gets to appoint who will fill his term.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
I never liked him, but with a Republican Governor in Georgia, he gets to appoint who will fill his term.

Senator, yes. Not so for a Congressperson as I understand the rules.
Besides he also claims he will continue to serve although how long is a question.

Posts: 9514 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer.... 6-8 months at best if the patient is in decent health. He isn't.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 863 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps is wife will run for his seat as the Dingell's. Keep it in the family

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toano, Va.  | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Just another GDC, while it may be kind of tragic for him, his family, and others on the take, I feel little sorrow. Maybe we do need someone who is an expert on GA law and succession. What might make a big difference is when and who schedules it. With the 2020 election so near, it might be good to put it off as long as possible. If its really a giveme situation, and only a question of which replacement GDC gets into office, then maybe we can let them campaign for the remainder of the term, then right again for the next term. Smile

Or do it quick and then make them spend even more in November. Smile

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Tough crowd. But then again, anyone is free to buy a helmet...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I'm sure Lewis' BarryCare policy will take good care of him in his time of need. Oh wait, never mind.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
trying very hard to care....still trying....

nope, just can't do it

he's an enemy of the country, will be wonderful to see him kick off

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
https://history.house.gov/Inst...acancies-Successors/

Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
It was fine that he marched for civil rights with MLK but sometime thereafter he turned into an angry man and never left his anger.

He's angry like Elijah Cummings and Al Green who find race in everything with a tormented hard look on their faces 24/7.

I feel bad for his pain and prognosis and for his family who has to go through it too. I won't miss his politics however.

Posts: 4079 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
It was fine that he marched for civil rights with MLK but sometime thereafter he turned into an angry man and never left his anger.

He's angry like Elijah Cummings and Al Green who find race in everything with a tormented hard look on their faces 24/7.

I feel bad for his pain and prognosis and for his family who has to go through it too. I won't miss his politics however.

I read his bio. I admire what he did for the civil rights evolution. I am confused why he would side with the party that oppressed him and his. After all of these years it appears he was interested only in his rights rather than all of our rights. It cheapens his sacrifice and suffering endured in his youth.

I won't revel in his disease, but am always glad when tyrants pass. He became a tyrant for them who oppressed him. Curious bed fellows indeed.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I lost all respect for him when he and colleagues cruised by a Tea Party gathering trolling for racist comments. Finding none, they made them up.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
When I hear of a career politician given notice of check out time, I figured they received more than their share, in life.
Regardless of party, race, religion or sexual proclivity.
Death was the ONLY way they were going to get out of the swamp.
May your pain and suffering be short and fast.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8357 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I never had any respect for him to lose.

Sorry for his family.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As other have said or implied; Lewis is a cancer to America and nothing but a race baiting, bitter, low IQ moron that did make up nonsense against the Tea Party. I have no respect for this fool and good riddence to him and other cancers to the people like him.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AMF

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My only apparent accomplishment in life is being banned from an ancient forum
posted Hide Post
This definitely brightens my day.

Posts: 166 | Location: Washington State | Registered: December 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post