SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    "No charges for SC woman who shot escaped inmate who kicked her door in."
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"No charges for SC woman who shot escaped inmate who kicked her door in." Login/Join 
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Yes those guys are disgusting. "She won't be charged for doing good". What a crock of shit.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8637 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
Yes those guys are disgusting. "She won't be charged for doing good". What a crock of shit.

Would you please explain that?

Had she not defended herself, the chance of death, injury and rape were extremely high. The criminal had assaulted corrections officers and escaped from jail.

McLaughlin was jailed for bugary and grand larceny. When he broke done her door he was armed with a knife. His companion has been charged with escape, kidnapping, first-degree assault and battery, and other charges. Charge McLaughlin with breaking and entering, with assault added. You then have someone that knows capture mean decades in jail.

This woman recognized the possibility that she would need to defend herself. She took the proper actions to be trained, prepared and to be legal should danger threaten. Did she do good? Yes, she recognized the danger, took action to be prepared and when faced with a threat took action.

Perhaps we should have sympathy for this brave woman as she will be traumatized by having taken a human life.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I was coming from the 180 degree perspective, saying that the media was a crock of shit, not the victim who defended herself, repeating what a previous poster stated that the media left winger nuts.

I should have seen my own error for potential misinterpretation the way i wrote it.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8637 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
How else were they supposed to write it?
I take more exception with the quote from the sheriffs office that they had to actually consult with anyone about this.

Guy in an orange prison jump suit kicks in your back door and is coming down the hall towards you?

Doesn't matter what he may or may not be carrying.... hell he could be carrying a big stuffed pink pig.... if you are feeling generous you might yell at him to turn and leave.... then depending on what he does in the next half of a second as you take up the slack on the trigger will be up to him.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
How else were they supposed to write it?

Woman successfully defends herself from escaped convict.

No charges against escaped convict who broke into woman's home.

Escaped convict found and won't be returned to prison.

Woman does not accept citizen of the year award after shooting armed escaped convict while he broke into her home.

No charges to be filed against prison for the unplanned release of prisoners one of whom broke into woman's home.

Escaped convict found dead from lead poisoning after breaking into woman's home.

No charges against Sheriff for failing to capture escaped prisoner before breaking into woman's home.

Earth continues to revolve around Sun after SC woman shoots escaped inmate who kicked her door in, cops say.

The fact is no one with a half an once of common sense would have considered for more than two seconds charges against the woman. The lack of charges isn't the story and the headline should reflect the story which is the woman successfully defended herself in her home against an armed escaped convict. End of story. No comments needed from the Sheriff or anyone else.

Posts: 10824 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
I was coming from the 180 degree perspective, saying that the media was a crock of shit, not the victim who defended herself, repeating what a previous poster stated that the media left winger nuts.

I should have seen my own error for potential misinterpretation the way i wrote it.

Your post was perfectly clear. You didn't need to write it any other way.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
quote:
McLaughlin “who was wearing an orange jumpsuit, was armed with a metal knife” according to Clark, who commended the homeowner, who was not injured during the break in, according to WYFF.

Hopefully, the end-result would have been the same if it had been a rubber knife, right?

Or no knife. Someone kicks your door in and charges in there's a very high likelihood they are there to do you harm.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post