SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    For those of you who are alone for the holidays...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For those of you who are alone for the holidays... Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas.

Posts: 17896 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
God Bless those of you alone. You do have us here. And we are family. Merry Christmas guys.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19196 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm going to be basically alone this Christmas. Just myself and Ahyoka Star.

That said, though 2020 has sucked, I'm in good spirits, but if anyone wants to "talk" drop me an email and I'll get back with you.

No matter what, someone cares for you, and the SIG forum family is full of great people, there are two that have helped me through a very hard time and I will never be able to think them enough.

So, know that SIG forum cares, Jesus cares, and God loves you.

ARman

Posts: 3153 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Well said, both of you.

We are family.

God bless you all.

First time back to Japan in many years. Spending time with family here, new and old, has meant a lot.

Merry Christmas, Everyone!

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Just me and God.

Smile

And I ain't complaining, cuz, He's been showing me "It's a Wonderful Life!"

We good!

Merry Christmas, Everyone!

Friends, family, good times, bad times, (which make the good times gooder!) no one can take any of it away from you.

sm

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43906 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Hoping you have an awesome Christmas!

Posts: 9159 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably one of my better Christmas days in quite a while. I did wake up with just the dog here and my daughter is with her mother out in SLC.
I got a big box yesterday from a woman who's a friend of mine in Florida. We dated back in high school but that's been over 30 years ago. We recently reconnected.
Breakfast in cast iron and she video called me while I was opening her presents. Weber cookbook, small humidor for cigars, shirt, and 2 presents for my dog. I was kinda overwhelmed and it was a surprise for sure.
So even though I'm not religious at all, I have a huge smile on my face because of someone's kindness and I'm in a great mood.
I hope everyone has a great Christmas day with family and friends.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was on the floor, training Ahyoka Star and there was a knock on the door. I looked out and it was an older lady, well older than myself. I kind of recognized her, but she was bundled up, after all its 14° out there, it was 60° Wednesday.

I opened up the door and it was the new neighbor. She handed me a poinsettia, and said thank you for brighting their Christmas. I said excuse me? As I didn't understand what was going on.

She said "your Christmas lights, we see them from our house, and they have brightened our Christmas.", I was stunned.

She said that she/they wanted to so their appreciation, to me and Ahyoka Star.

I said thank you, but usually I have was more Christmas lights, but this year was down with kidney stones and only got a few up.

I'm not sure what I did, as she said it was more than just the lights.

I'm totally flabbergasted.

ARman

Posts: 3153 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As Sigmonkey said, it is just me and God!!! You know, I am o.k. with that as I have wonderful memories when there were more.

Posts: 6625 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alone for the first time and I can proudly say I have not watched one minute of
A Christmas Story!! Seen it at least 50 times!

Posts: 957 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post
Well this made it the tenth year alone since the wife passed away.
One day at a time.

Posts: 1894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I'll be alone. I never married and have no kids. Two nephews live miles away in Phoenix, AZ and I seldom see them. My only cousin who lived nearby died a couple of Christmases ago. I still have about a dozen first cousins alive, but the closest one to me lives in Claremore, OK, 5 hours away. He's only a couple of months younger than I am and never goes anywhere. I last saw him in 2017.

However, in years past I could count on my friends in the church and choir to brighten my spirits--handbells, too (2 groups). COVID has put all those things on hiatus, at least from a personal standpoint. I attend church online, and we've had a couple of choir events that bring a few of us together in staggered groups. And one of the other Tenors had me to his home for dinner the day after Thanksgiving--was a great time! My 83th birthday is a few days away, and it's possible I'll have dinner out with someone from the choir.

I've been retired since Dec 2006, but my former workmates usually have a lunch together the first Thursday of each month; that has been cancelled by COVID, too.

My weekly medical treatment each Friday has been my major time to see live humans other than for brief shopping or drive-thru food. Even that stopped for a while when one of the crew tested positive for COVID.

Thanks for thinking of us folks who live alone. I at least have 5 indoor cats and 1 outdoors. We don't have great conversations, but at least they cuddle.

So far am not showing COVID symptoms, so I've been successful in foiling the bug. Trying to keep it that way until the vaccine is available to me. (At 83 I think it's logical to have it.)

flashguy
Flashguy, We're practically around the corner, so just holler if you ever need anything.

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18040 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dallas239:
Flashguy, We're practically around the corner, so just holler if you ever need anything.
Thanks. Another DFW person on a different gun board made a similar offer. I appreiciate it, but I'm OK. Maybe we could do lunch sometime?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Thanks. Another DFW person on a different gun board made a similar offer. I appreiciate it, but I'm OK. Maybe we could do lunch sometime?

flashguy
Definitely. And I think we're overdue for a Dallas forum dinner.

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18040 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

flashguy
Definitely. And I think we're overdue for a Dallas forum dinner.
Long overdue. I've posted so myself. Unfortunately, COVID makes such an event troublesome right now.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post