SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Suitcase Tagged That It Contained A Firearm
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suitcase Tagged That It Contained A Firearm Login/Join 
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted
I just got back from a weekend at Talladega. I flew American and on both flights the outside of my suitcase got a red tag that read "Return To BSO". I was also informed that I would have to have ID and pick the suitcase up at the luggage office. However, in both cases, the suitcase showed up on the carousel. I think this is a new policy since the Florida airport shooting.

I did some checking and Delta appears to have something similar now.

Posts: 5679 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:
I just got back from a weekend at Talladega. I flew American and on both flights the outside of my suitcase got a red tag that read "Return To BSO". I was also informed that I would have to have ID and pick the suitcase up at the luggage office. However, in both cases, the suitcase showed up on the carousel. I think this is a new policy since the Florida airport shooting.

I fly on delta and the bag was on the carousel, then some woman came up to me and insisted that they apply big tie wraps on it before I left the terminal/ On the origin flight into Atlanta, nothing, grabbed bag, left airport.
The Airlines are very inconsistent with most everything they do...

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...050018905#1050018905

Posts: 8671 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
You guys ought to fly out of Spokane!!!!1

Flew out of there on 5/4, more tsa goons that passengers. My estimate was they had 30 tsa "agents" standing around, taking turn at hassling passengers.

Even made me take off my suspenders. I asked why they didn't use that new equipment sitting there. Answer? Nobody knew how to use it.

How about turn it on, and start waving people through it?

When I flew out of Dulles, I was prepared to get body cavity searched. Reality seems to have set in there, anyway. I asked the guy if I needed to take off my shoes. Nope, just raise your arms and match the body shape on the wall.

Did so, took about 5 seconds. He then wanted to know what the "yellow" spots were on the image from the machine. Showed him the metal clips on my suspenders, OK, have a nice day.

Carry on baggage was just as easy. She took a look at the image, smiled and told me to have a nice day.

And I was off.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25656 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
I fly on delta and the bag was on the carousel, then some woman came up to me and insisted that they apply big tie wraps on it before I left the terminal

"No thanks/fuck off, I dont want you molesting my personal property. Now if you'll please excuse me, I need to go to the bathroom to retrieve my conceal carry firearm."

Posts: 6705 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
quote:

Max, if they knew you like I do, they would have cuffed you, did a body cavity search, locked you up and threw away the key! Big Grin

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2683 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Are...MARSHALL
Picture of armedmd
posted Hide Post
I had the same situation when flying to Key West from WV. Return flight didn't arrive until late. No one was present at the office. I finally was able to have someone retrieve the bag for me but was a major hassle.

Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire and keep him warm the rest of his life.

Posts: 1900 | Location: WV | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'll use the Red Key
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
my suitcase got a red tag

Someone sees that red tag, they may have a panic attack just thinking about a gun shaped pop tart inside.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3819 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post