SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Brevard Sheriff: Have you 'lost or misplaced approximately 770 pounds' of marijuana?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brevard Sheriff: Have you 'lost or misplaced approximately 770 pounds' of marijuana? Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
BREVARD COUNTY, Fla. —
Sheriff Wayne Ivey says the Brevard County Sheriff’s Office is looking for the person who may have lost or misplaced 770 pounds of marijuana.

The Brevard County Sheriff’s Office shared a photo displaying hundreds of pounds of seized marijuana.

Around 770 pounds of ‘high grade’ marijuana was seized from a mini-storage facility in Viera, Ivey said.

Authorities say the amount of marijuana could total around $2 million if it were to be sold on the streets.

In a Facebook post, Ivey urged the person who the marijuana belonged to turn themselves in, saying: “…we are so excited to return something this valuable to its rightful owner that we are also going to throw in an all expenses paid extensive "staycation" so that you can reflect for a while on exactly how much your lost property means to you!!”

https://www.wesh.com/article/b...uana-seized/37888418

We here in Brevard have one of the good ones:

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
i would not think it would that hard to determine who the rightful owner is. Come on man, do your friggin job. Instead of playing stupid games and trying to be funny.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19159 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I've personally met Sheriff Ivey and he's one of the funniest people in LE. Guy has a great sense of humor and is exceptionally well liked and respected in the communities he and his department serve.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
i would not think it would that hard to determine who the rightful owner is. Come on man, do your friggin job. Instead of playing stupid games and trying to be funny.

That cheap shot not only missed the target, it was way over the berm and into the next neighborhood.

bigeal's observations are in the X ring.

Sheriff Ivey gets re elected because he is one of the best God/Country/Family/Constitution/SecondAmendment Sheriffs in the country.

Conservatives love him.
Progressives, felons and The Florida Today do not.

If you have the time, learn a little bit about the man and his record.

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
770 pounds of marijuana could total around $2 million

I know nothing of such things but often wonder.
Do these quotes values given by Law Enforcement usually reflect real word values or are they perhaps sometimes inflated for shock value or to impress?

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
$2,500 a pound for high end weed is not an inflated estimate.

ETA: A quick google search shows the average retail price per ounce in Colorado for legal recreational weed is $160-$240 per ounce.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Sorry if that chaffed you. But do your job and arrest the folks or just be elated and make jokes about the bounty of someone leading you to it. Simple as that.

posted Hide Post
Lighten up Francis. You have zero idea if they already arrested someone or not. His department posted a humorous take on the situation that you have massively made a wild assumption on. It’s been pointed out to you and you choose to double down on your fake dramatic chagrin.

Relax.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You gotta have a sense of humor, or you’ll go nuts in this crazy ass world.

Sounds like the sheriff is ok.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sorry if that chaffed you. But do your job and arrest the folks or just be elated and make jokes about the bounty of someone leading you to it. Simple as that.

It isn't a dichotomy of options. Why do you suppose they have not done their jobs and that they don't already know who it belongs to? Perhaps this is an attempt to easily bring them in while saving resources. Perhaps it's just being fun.

I think it's great and the sense of humor is refreshing.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8215 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

He is doing his job. And doing it well. Rub some Preparation H around your sore spot.

Posts: 7017 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rexles
posted Hide Post
The XO on the ship I was on came on the ships Announcement system one day and said" Any one who lost a bag of marijuana on the main deck can claim same in the XO's stateroom.
Don't know what he ever did with it.
Can't imagine any one ever claimed it.

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1113 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Good grief. It’s a simple trolling to let someone know that they lost their substantial investment and just who took it. I’m guessing that they either know who it is and are baiting them to run, or run to somewhere where they can find more. It could also be because they have not the first clue as to an actual owner, realize the transient nature of false identifications to obtain a storage unit, and are, well trolling the unknown suspect to get their goat because they’ve already exhausted other options. My guess is the second scenario.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
The owner is just waiting for it to go to auction so he can buy it back for pennies on the dollar.

Anyone in for a group buy?

Posts: 18033 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Since it isn't legal in Florida, yet, they should just sell it to a state where it is. Imagine they could use a million bucks?

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Follow up: It was lost in a series of small fires.

Posts: 3659 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^controlled burns, no doubt.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow there'll be 760lbs.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
I am glad sheriff Ivey is a good guy and serving his community well and is well liked.

Posting of fb and what not did not sit well with me. I took him at face value that he has not found the owners.

Hopefully he will do the work to arrest the rightful owners and due process will win out.