SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Daughter and Archery - US Nationals Day 1 Update bottom of page 1
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daughter and Archery - US Nationals Day 1 Update bottom of page 1 Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
Day 1 of US Indoor Nationals is in the books for us. Our daughter continues to shoot constantly from yesterday when she shot the Junior Olympic Indoor Championships. Based on per arrow average, she is currently sitting in 4th place. She'll shoot again tomorrow and the rest of Nationals will be completed next weekend and we'll know the final standings.

Frustrating for me is that she didn't warm up this morning. She shot 3 arrows, declared that it was too cold outside on the practice range and came inside. Yes, too cold in San Diego... Problem is, she needs a few ends to get warmed up to shoot her best. She dug herself a hole early but started to climb out of it. Based on per arrow average, she is currently sitting in 4th place nationally. She's warming up tomorrow...

Our daughter on the line this morning.

This is how she finished today.

We took Maya and Kiel out to the Corvette Diner for dinner tonight to get them away from archery and blow off some steam. No such luck, the balloon artist made them a bow and arrow.

So what do they proceed to do with it? Shoot each other.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 2000Z-71,

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats!
You must be proud!!! Big Grin

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Now that there is funny! LOL

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad she can relax after such an eventful day!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Congrats.

Great shooting and grouping. Or that even the correct way to say it in Archery?

Love the balloon model.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Day 2 and US Indoor Nationals is done. Having lunch with friends before making the drive back to Phoenix. We're leaving San Diego with our daughter in 3rd place in the Junior Olympic Nationals and 5th place in the US Indoor Nationals. It's going to be a long week waiting for Nationals to conclude next weekend to see what her final ranking will be
Proud of my girl, she shot consistent all weekend and showed a lot of discipline on the line and friendship behind the line.

I'll post pics once I get home and have a chance to download.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post