SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Feb 28, 1997 - The North Hollywood bank robbery shoot out

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Feb 28, 1997 - The North Hollywood bank robbery shoot out Login/Join 
posted

Posts: 15897 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
CBS failed to note that LAPD officers had to get ARs from B&B Gun Sales, because official rifles were too far away. The LA DA's office considered charging the store for ignoring the legally required waiting period.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Those officers in the cruiser who drove up to the truck and white car had some balls.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by k5blazer:
Those officers in the cruiser who drove up to the truck and white car had some balls.
I imagine that they were thoroughly pissed off, too.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107234 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
IIRC, some / all of the "borrowed" rifles were never returned.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2057 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Report This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
"I had a few words with him" I'll bet!

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Report This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
The LA DA's office considered charging the store for ignoring the legally required waiting period.

That would have been a PR bonanza.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Report This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I think the actual outfits they wore and guns used are on display at the LAPD museum.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
They were armed with a Beretta 92FS Inox (9mm), a HK-91 (.308), three converted full auto Norinco Type 56 AKs (7.62x39), and a converted full auto Bushmaster XM15 (5.56), along with a total of 3,300 rounds of ammunition in loaded magazines. They fired approximately 1/3rd of their ammo - over 1,000 rounds.

quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
CBS failed to note that LAPD officers had to get ARs from B&B Gun Sales, because official rifles were too far away.

The five ARs commandeered from B&B were not fired during the incident. By the time the patrol officers with these gun shop rifles arrived at the scene, the first bad guy had already offed himself, and SWAT officers had already neutralized the second bad guy with their departmental ARs.

Posts: 32411 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post