SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone Know If This Lamp Is Worth Anything?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Know If This Lamp Is Worth Anything? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
This was in my dining room until I replaced it with an updated lamp when I painted.

House was built in 1951, not sure if lamp dates from then or is more recent.

It seems more substantial and heavy than new stuff, that’s for sure. Not sure if it’s worth anything to someone or should it just be trashed? No markings or labels that I can see anywhere.

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
It appears to be in good condition. If functional, it certainly is worth somthing--the question is "how much"? It's definitely more attractive than the 5-candalabra unit in my den, so I'm sure someone would buy it, even if it needed electrical repair.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
doubt it is valuable, but the materials and assembly is far better than current facsimilies being manufactured today. I'd keep it an restore it, otherwise put it up on ebay with a good description to get the best price.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8685 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Donate it to the rehab store for the tax deduction. Just remember to get a donation receipt. Use Ebay to get a value estimate on it.

Ken

Posts: 1049 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
If it's made of brass it's worth about $1.80 a pound. A well made chandelier new is usually around $250, so I'd say it's worth at least a third of that, possibly more to the right person.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Sell it on facebook marketplace for $60.

It's nice though. The house we moved into had one just like it.

We redecorated, but decided to keep it. I spray painted it matte black.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Looks to be in good condition.... even if the wiring is suspect there are folks who re-wire these. No need to trash it, if you don't want it then donate it to Habitat for Humanity or Goodwill or such.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KenS:
Donate it to the rehab store for the tax deduction. Just remember to get a donation receipt. Use Ebay to get a value estimate on it.

Ken

Definitely looks like a $245 chandelier if I went that route, netting me the $75 I might eventually sell it for to some Craigslist killer.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12419 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Sell it on eBay, $1500 opening bid. Smile

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
rub on it and see if something pops out

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10423 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
About 5 bucks at any yard sale around here.

Those things get taken down and replaced with fans all the time.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
rub on it and see if something pops out

Nothing so far Big Grin

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post