SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Honda inverter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Honda inverter Login/Join 
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted
During a recent power outage, I had to break out my 9 year old generator.

It has served me and some friends well over the years. However, the last use had me concerned. it was running like crap. Yes, I have added stablizer to the tank every year, but truth be told, some of the gas in there may have been 3+ years old.

I plugged in a surge protector and it was registering that it was not grounded properly. I have a very heavy cord connected to a ground in our side yard.

I was fearful to plug our 2 year old Refigerator in to the generator, because it was reading it was not properly grounded. Our refrig. is not some super top of the line appliance, but the damn thing cost $2,000.

So, I believe I need an inverter to plug our refrig. and furnace into.

The generator is fine for lights, fans and portable heaters, but I feared for the more sensitive electronics.

Fast forward today. i have been watching the Honda EB2800i. A local shop (part of a national chain) is having a garage sale and had this model priced at $949.00.

Home Depot just so happens to carry the same model and I know they will price match and beat the price by 10%, if certain conditions are met. I was confident the conditions were met, so I headed to Home Depot.

When I asked the woman at Customer Service, if they priced match, she said "yes". I showed her the ad. She replied " ours is the same price". I said their price match says they will beat the competitors price by 10%.

She discounted their price by 10% and I was on my way.

When got home, I decided to clean up the old generator. I replaced the plug, the oil and drained the gas. I filled it up with fresh gas and the thing is running like a champ.

Due to the nice weather, I also changed the oil in the lawn mower and cut my grass. And used the blower to clean up, the yard.

All in all, a good day.

If anyone is looking for a Honda inverter, now is a great time to pick one up.

Here are the toys, before I put them away.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36897 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Great deal!

Did they have the bigger Honda invertors on sale? If so, do you have a link so I can get HD to match?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23654 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I did not even look at the larger models, but I suspect they carry more of the same models.

The local shop is the Honda Power Equipment shop. they are having a garage sale. I believe all the Honda Power Equipment stores are having the garage sale.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36897 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Honda EB2800i. Almost as bad as Tim the Tool Man Taylor.. Big Grin

Posts: 17984 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Hurricane season is 7 or 8 weeks away, and I'm not sure the old Briggs & Stratton generator has much life left in it (bought in Houston, ran it 6.5 days straight after Ike, ran it once a quarter, moved it Alaska, never used it, moved it to Calgary, never used it, and moved it to N. Houston).

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23654 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I printed the ad from The Honda Store and the price match guarantee from Home Depot.

She took my word for it, she did not even bother calling to confirm they had it in inventory. I had called and if HD would not beat the price, I would have driven to the Honda Store and bought it there.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Congrats Steve. Honda is great eq. I picked up a used 2000i, Just need to find a 2000c and will be all set.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19706 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post