SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Think I'll Vote for a Democrat for the First Time Ever
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Think I'll Vote for a Democrat for the First Time Ever Login/Join 
Banned
posted
Today is the Denver Mayoral runoff. Michael Hancock v Jamie Geillis. She is a Democrat, and is an amateur. She is not ready to run a city like Denver. At least Hancock knows what he's doing.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Vote for the 1 that’ll burn it all down, bro.

If you simply MUST vote for a Dem, vote for the bigger asshole of the 2 who is more likely to run the city into the dirt.

Posts: 1801 | Location: Possum Kingdom, TX | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
The mayoral contest in Denver is non-partisan. Thankfully I got out of Denver in 2000.

Posts: 1958 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
From the thread tittle I just assumed that you passed away.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3852 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zipriderson:
Today is the Denver Mayoral runoff. Michael Hancock v Jamie Geillis. She is a Democrat, and is an amateur. She is not ready to run a city like Denver. At least Hancock knows what he's doing.

Knows what he's doing? Have you been paying attention to the state of the city of Denver. Hancock is all about high density housing and social justice programs. If he's re-elected Denver will be indistinguishable from Portland.
As sad as it is, Jamie is Denver's last hope to avoid this.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
From the thread title I just assumed that you passed away.

He didn't say he was voting more than once.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a choice between dog shit and cat shit.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
quote:
From the thread title I just assumed that you passed away.

He didn't say he was voting more than once.

...wins the internet for the day....

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Don't do it. You'll never feel clean again.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
If he's re-elected Denver will be indistinguishable from Portland.

Hyperbolic bullshit.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I actually am registered as a demo-rat. I just never bothered to change my registration from 45 years ago. I can vote for anyone in the primary. Time was, there were no "R" candidates for anything. It was pretty much before the state (commonwealth) flipped and started electing R candidates to all national offices. I even vote for "D" candidates for statewide offices on occasion. Like when the "R" candidate is a known scumbag.

Local offices aren't the problem national ones present. The last time I had to go to the courthouse I even considered changing my party affiliation. But I realized that after 45 years of voting against the party I was registered with, it would make no difference except in primary elections.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:

Best South Park. EVER. That said, my sympathies to the state of Colorado. All the liberals are deserting CA and bringing their failed ideas with them. Sad.

Posts: 687 | Location: Rural W. MI | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Is there a particular issue you have in mind?

I don't believe I have ever seen where voting in a Dem leads to anything good.

I guess there is always the first time. Eek

FWIW, now days you are really voting for the influence if the party and not really the actual candidate so if you can live with the way Dems are running things then go ahead. Frown

Posts: 22910 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
From the thread tittle I just assumed that you passed away.

If so he would have to be buried in Chicago.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Hyperbolic bullshit.

OK......how so?

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:
quote:

Hyperbolic bullshit.

OK......how so?

Perhaps he meant "hyperbaric bullshit" due to Denver's elevational decompression.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Both candidates are Democrats? Is that correct?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Lets see a big city and a democrat running it. What could possibly go wrong????

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:
Lets see a big city and a democrat running it. What could possibly go wrong????

I think Willie Brown did a pretty good job in San Francisco during his reign.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post