SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Arizona Kyrsten Sinema won’t seek 2024 reelection
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Arizona Kyrsten Sinema won’t seek 2024 reelection Login/Join 
posted
https://www.washingtonexaminer...4-reelection-senate/

Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (I-AZ) announced on Tuesday that she will not seek a second term, setting her Democratic and GOP challengers up for a two-way race.

The independent senator’s decision to not run for reelection comes after nearly a year of speculation about her political future. Should she have chosen to run, the race would have put Sinema’s theory that most voters have also spurned their party identity to the test. Polls indicated it would be an uphill climb for an independent to build enough of a centrist coalition to win statewide.

more at link

Posts: 13123 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
So the new question now is, who gets her voters?
Ruben Gallego or Kari Lake? Mostly Lake, yes?

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6373 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
She wantts the Dem to get the seat. That's why she chose not to run.

Q

Posts: 27621 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Mark Lamb is running for the GOP Senate primary along with Kari Lake and others. A friend in AZ who supported Kari Lake is now behind Lamb, likes him a lot.

Has Kari Lake lost a lot of support after her loss to Katie Hobbs?

Posts: 18383 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
I'm only asking because in the most recent polling from 2/21-2/26/24 from Rasmussen Reports:
https://projects.fivethirtyeig...senate/2024/arizona/

Lake is winning in 3 way race with Gallego/Lake/Sinema
Lake is leading 33%/37%/21% respectively

Lake is winning in 2 way race with Gallego/Lake
Lake is leading 42%/45% respectively

Of course anything can and will change I suspect.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6373 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
Great news, now we got to get rid of gun control zealot Mark Kelly

Posts: 1069 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Ariz Sen Kyrsten Sinema Congratulates Herself, Announces she is Stepping Down.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24641 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
So the new question now is, who gets her voters?
Ruben Gallego or Kari Lake? Mostly Lake, yes?

I really think Lake will benefit. Gallego is so connected to Biden's policies- he voted 100% with the idiot. AZ is still a purple state, and IMO, the voters will vote against Biden and his policies.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17195 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
She wantts the Dem to get the seat. That's why she chose not to run.

This is it exactly. This just made the race much more difficult for Lake. This was definitely a move to help the left.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5618 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post