SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Election Day Festivities
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Election Day Festivities Login/Join 
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
Work.
Come home have dinner.
Fix an Old Fashioned or three.
Wait for liberal tears.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8366 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Working midshift 1500 to 0300. May have to sneak into the breakroom and turn on CNN or MSNBC and hopefully see some liberal tears flowing and heads exploding.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11889 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post

Nice try, Democrats, but it ain't gonna stop me! Razz Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15528 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Todays the day. After voting first thing this morning I am running some errands and then back home. It's gonna be a long day and I really don't drink much any more so I guess I will make a pot of some special blend of black coffee and hunker down for a long night.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Well, I imagine I’ll go to work and it’ll be a pretty normal day. I’ll come home, make dinner, check the election here (hard to figure out which thread) and go to sleep between 9 and 10, as usual.
Tomorrow morning, I’ll wake up, make a cup of coffee, and celebrate with you all, while watching the start of “He’s not my President” season two. Smile

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4366 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
I've voted, contributed $$ to the extent I could, and did as much spreading-the-word as the Hatch Act allowed. NJ forced mail-in voting although you had the option of dropping the ballot off at a collection point. Mine was the Township building. More traffic than I can ever remember seeing at a "normal" polling place in town.

Tonight, it's either a decent steak or something "out," followed (like XinTX) by an Old Fashioned, and later, off to bed praying for a "Trump Year V" thread in about eight weeks.

I'm hopeful and optimistic, but I don't plan to watch the returns. States like PA will probably drag out for a few days and I'm betting on court challenges in a few of the pivotal states. But: Hopeful and optimistic. Also, ready for a few weeks of chaos.

Posts: 2531 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
Everyone in my office wanted to vote in person and on election day, so we didn't schedule any appointments today. Employees are free to vote whenever they want to.

Our early risers said they were at their polling places a little after 6. Polls open at 7. It took them about 90 minutes to vote. Our receptionist is in a huge line at a local high school right now.

I'm going around mid-morning. Then I'll ignore the outside world like airsoft guy--only I have a good book to read.

Posts: 2694 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scientific Beer Geek
posted Hide Post
My company is nice enough to provide 2 hours time specifically for voting.

I was able to vote this morning in about 45 minutes. The line was long but moving.

Mike

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2082 | Location: Philadelphia Suburbs | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Voted straight red. God help us today...

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1802 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
Strolled into my local polls and was greeted by a mob of college-age boys wearing Trump pins and handing out the republican sample ballot. No lines, breezed right through.

I've got the Weber kettle smoking some brats right now, maybe crack a few Studweiser's tonight!

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Catching up on chores, maybe install some new exterior lights.

Picked up some good burgers and brioche buns and will be grilling tonight.

Good burgers and cheap beers

Then tune in around 730 to watch the shit show

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xantom:
Voted straight red. God help us today...
You and me both! From our mouths to God's ears.

Voted at 1300, only 3 voters in the polling place, but there were 8 check-in stations. I was #203. I expected more since around lunchtime, but no. They'd had a rush first thing and were expecting another after 1700.

No celebratory plans. May do CFA at home with my cats.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I went to bed early, now up & still not settled. As usual still ‘counting ballots’ in a few heavily dem areas.

Posts: 6423 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post